auto refresh

auto refresh

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r

Uk

Moves
10 Jun 05

When are we going to get an auto refresh so we know if games are waiting? - i know we have email notification but if you have a large number of games you start getting a lot of emails that you have to keep deleting. i used to play on gameknot.com and it had a nifty feature that you could click on a link for waiting games which would bring up a small window which u could minimise and it would maximise itself to the next waiting game when you have a move waiting - i mainly joined this site as Russ said he was bringin an autorefresh (and as the site does look better than gameknot) - but that was ages ago!

Force of Nature

The Bathroom

Moves
10 Jun 05

Originally posted by redbaron101
When are we going to get an auto refresh so we know if games are waiting? - i know we have email notification but if you have a large number of games you start getting a lot of emails that you have to keep deleting. i used to play on gameknot.com and it had a nifty feature that you could click on a link for waiting games which would bring up a small win ...[text shortened]... bringin an autorefresh (and as the site does look better than gameknot) - but that was ages ago!
If you don't like the email notifications, you can turn them off by going to "my settings," then "my site settings," then you can click on the notification setting.

Data Warehouser

Back in the UK!

Moves
11 Jun 05
1 edit

When are we going to get an auto refresh so we know if games are waiting? - i know we have email notification but if you have a large number of games you start getting a lot of emails that you have to keep deleting. i used to play on g ...[text shortened]... the site does look better than gameknot) - but that was ages ago!
Look at the thread RHP-Notifier,

Its still in development at the moment, but does what you want from the system tray...

[Edit]
http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=24904
[/Edit]

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
12 Jun 05

When are we going to get an auto refresh so we know if games are waiting? - i know we have email notification but if you have a large number of games you start getting a lot of emails that you have to keep deleting. i used to play on gameknot.com and it had a nifty feature that you could click on a link for waiting games which would bring up a small win ...[text shortened]... bringin an autorefresh (and as the site does look better than gameknot) - but that was ages ago!
I think you'll find that Russ never said he was bringing in autorefresh. In fact, he has gone so far as pleading with people not to use plugins which provide the autorefresh facility.

Email notifications are far and away the best method of keeping up to date. You can set up filters to move all RHP emails into a folder automagically, and then just empty the folder periodically. Saves your inbox from getting clogged.

D

In your face

Moves
12 Jun 05
2 edits

Originally posted by Ragnorak

Email notifications are far and away the best method of keeping up to date. You can set up filters to move all RHP emails into a folder automagically, and then just empty the folder periodically. Saves your inbox from getting clogged.

D
Automagically?

Hey I like that word. Think you're onto a winner there Rag. 😉

TokerSmurf

Bonnie Scotland

Moves
21 Jun 05
1 edit

Originally posted by jimslyp69
Automagically?

Hey I like that word. Think you're onto a winner there Rag. 😉
yeah i like that word too - i was trying to figure out if it was deliberate or simply a typo but who cares - i think we should all start saying it as often as possible so that eventually everybody will automagically know what it means. 🙄

EDIT: my own typos - apparently i cant type the word possible lol

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
22 Jun 05

Originally posted by MCA
yeah i like that word too - i was trying to figure out if it was deliberate or simply a typo but who cares -
Ehhhhhhh! (In da Fonz voice). I don't dooo typos.

D

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
22 Jun 05

As I now have a little bit of XML which is light on system resources for third party clients, I now see no reason why I can't write a little JavaScript window that polls the site in the same way (effectively a client embedded in the site). And very importantly, backs off when games are waiting.

I think GK do a similar thing, I will take a look. Anyway, I see no obstacles to providing something now.

-Russ

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
22 Jun 05

I just developed a beta version of this - I will post a link here tomorrow AM GMT.

-Russ

E
Damn fine Clan!

The Double R Diner

Moves
23 Jun 05
2 edits

... but if you have a large number of games you start getting a lot of emails that you have to keep deleting. ...!
If you play a large number of games you're going to get a large number of pop-up screens. I would have thought most people would find this even more infuriating, as these won't even be triggered by a player clicking the "Remind" button but will appear everytime one of your opponents moves! 😕

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
23 Jun 05

Originally posted by Russ
I just developed a beta version of this - I will post a link here tomorrow AM GMT.

-Russ
See my new thread.

-Russ

E
Damn fine Clan!

The Double R Diner

Moves
23 Jun 05

Originally posted by Ragnorak
I think you'll find that Russ never said he was bringing in autorefresh. In fact, he has gone so far as pleading with people not to use plugins which provide the autorefresh facility.

D
Oh my word! I never thought I'd hear you talk favourably of reminders! 🙄

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
23 Jun 05

Originally posted by Exy
Oh my word! I never thought I'd hear [b]you talk favourably of reminders! 🙄[/b]
And you never will my friend.

D