Archiving games

Archiving games

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
04 Nov 09

Originally posted by zozozozo
The main reason why i dislike this extra dot idea is that it would make the screen even more wide then it already is.
Screen (or rather, table) width is the only reason this hasn't been included before, so I'm concerned about this too.

F

Moves
04 Nov 09

Ok, I figured it probably worked like that, but didnt know. Anyway, loading the info link cant possibly take that much time either.
The main reason why i dislike this extra dot idea is that it would make the screen even more wide then it already is.

"sloo...zzzzzzz...oow" Thats not a word!😠
To invent new wordz iz only on of the more amuzing partz of the Englizh language. πŸ™‚

I don't think a small black or whit dot, not much bigger than the ordinary green dot, would make much of a difference.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
04 Nov 09

Originally posted by Russ
Screen (or rather, table) width is the only reason this hasn't been included before, so I'm concerned about this too.
Are we talking width or column? (and that isn't an innuendo! πŸ˜‰)

UNDER archive actions a sub-table appears for archive options. That's where the played as colour request was my first thought, and request. That is a column addition..... no addition to page width.

With me in thought??

z
Thread Killing Chimp

In your retina!:D

Moves
04 Nov 09
1 edit

Originally posted by mikelom
With me in thought??
No we are not.....;p

Let me get this straight. There are two ideas/suggestions in this thread;

1. Add a standard option to the archieve dropdown menu to archieve in a white or black games folder.
This idea of mikelom is ridiculous since he can make those folders himself and half (or more) of the users on this site wont use this option. So we'll trow this idea off the table.

2. An indication of what colour you are playing in your games on the My Games page.
This idea will probably increase the width of the My Games page, and its already to fat. So Russ will decide on this later.

Did I miss anything?

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
05 Nov 09

No we are not.....;p

Let me get this straight. There are two ideas/suggestions in this thread;

1. Add a standard option to the archieve dropdown menu to archieve in a white or black games folder.
This idea of mikelom is ridiculous since he can make those folders himself and half (or more) of the users on this site wont use this option. So we'll trow ...[text shortened]... Games page, and its already to fat. So Russ will decide on this later.

Did I miss anything?
You are wrong! You totally misunderstand me.

When we go to archive, as I said, there is nothing to tell us what colour we played as - AFTER THE GAME IS FINISHED AND IS IN THE GAMES LIST. The only way to find what colour we played as is to go and open the game - or as you said. Why doesn't a finished game indicate what colour won, not just WHO won?

WTF did I ever do to you for snide, impolite remarks?? 😠. I already told you I have the folders waiting. Jack off my back!

z
Thread Killing Chimp

In your retina!:D

Moves
05 Nov 09

Originally posted by mikelom
You are wrong! You totally misunderstand me.

When we go to archive, as I said, there is nothing to tell us what colour we played as - AFTER THE GAME IS FINISHED AND IS IN THE GAMES LIST. The only way to find what colour we played as is to go and open the game - or as you said. Why doesn't a finished game indicate what colour won, not just WHO won?

WTF ...[text shortened]... snide, impolite remarks?? 😠. I already told you I have the folders waiting. Jack off my back!
Im sorry for the impolite remark. You failed to explain properly, or I failed to understand your explination (I think the first:p). I now understand that you want:
A. A faster way then the "info" link to see what colour you played as.
B. A fast way to see what colour won a finished game.

So my option 1. in my previous message was wrong. You may ignore the impolite remarkπŸ˜‰ Can I stay on your back then? My feet are tired:p

Maybe your request for option B. could be added to the info on the "info" link page? That way you will get all the info you want just by clicking the little link.
I think adding both what colour you played as and what colour won would make the My Games page to width (and it already is to width).

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
06 Nov 09

Im sorry for the impolite remark. You failed to explain properly, or I failed to understand your explination (I think the first:p). I now understand that you want:
A. A faster way then the "info" link to see what colour you played as.
B. A fast way to see what colour won a finished game.

So my option 1. in my previous message was wrong. You may ignore ...[text shortened]... d as and what colour won would make the My Games page to width (and it already is to width).
Apology accepted with kindness. Yes, you may stay on my back - there are enough others who have jumped on it .. πŸ˜‰

Moves
06 Nov 09

looking at the my games page would it be possible to change the color of the clock (presume it's a clock) or the egg timer to coincide with what color you're playing as?

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
06 Nov 09
2 edits

One big space-saver would be the elimination of the "Status" column. There is no need to have a column with "Opponent's move" repeated over and over again.

Instead, the server should sort games by status automatically. Put those where it's my move on top. Then put the ones with the opponent to move below those. Lastly, put any completed games below those.

Headers could be added to make it clear what the groups are. Maybe even a big box around the whole group.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
06 Nov 09
1 edit

Another space-saver would be a smarter 'time remaining' display. Display all time remaining in x.y format. If there's more than one day left, use 'days' as the unit. If there's less than a day but more than 60 min, use 'hours' as the unit. If there's less than 60 min, just give the minutes.

Right now, it takes 10 characters to display the time remaining. With this change, it would only take 5 max.

21.3d
22.5h
22m
etc.