Annotaded Games

Annotaded Games

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

King of Cool

AUSTIN, TEXAS

Moves
12 May 18

i'm wondering if anyone knows what is meant by an "annotaded" game , it's a feature here at RHP that nobody ever uses? or where is this feature explained, if you might know? thanks! πŸ˜€πŸ˜›πŸ˜΄

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
13 May 18

Originally posted by @brrr
i'm wondering if anyone knows what is meant by an "annotaded" game , it's a feature here at RHP that nobody ever uses? or where is this feature explained, if you might know? thanks! πŸ˜€πŸ˜›πŸ˜΄
Russ typed that when he had a cold. Go easy on him...

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
13 May 18

I assume you're referring to the typo and you know what annotated games are.
In any case, the post should be on the help forum

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
14 May 18

You'll have to help me out here, I can't find the typo on the site.

King of Cool

AUSTIN, TEXAS

Moves
15 May 18

Originally posted by @venda
I assume you're referring to the typo and you know what annotated games are.
In any case, the post should be on the help forum
i'm not referring to any typo, I did not realize there was a type even... i'm just wondering who ever uses annotated games, and why? when? for what?

King of Cool

AUSTIN, TEXAS

Moves
15 May 18

Originally posted by @russ
i'm not referring to any typo, I did not realize there was a type even... i'm just wondering who ever uses annotated games, and why? when? for what?

King of Cool

AUSTIN, TEXAS

Moves
15 May 18

Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
Russ typed that when he had a cold. Go easy on him...
i'm not referring to any typo, I did not realize there was a type even... i'm just wondering who ever uses annotated games, and why? when? for what? πŸ™„

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
15 May 18

i'm not referring to any typo, I did not realize there was a type even... i'm just wondering who ever uses annotated games, and why? when? for what? πŸ™„
A 2199 player doesn't know what annotated games are for.

Über-Nerd

Moves
15 May 18

Go to menu > Community > Annotated Games, and look them over. Some players write notes about games they have played and publish them there. If you're a 2100+ player, you probably won't learn anything as most of the players who publish annotations are below that strength.

Über-Nerd

Moves
16 May 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @russ
Read the thread title. Not your typo; Jack Sprat's.

King of Cool

AUSTIN, TEXAS

Moves
18 May 18

Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
A 2199 player doesn't know what annotated games are for.
no, i don't and i haven't seen anyone using annotations, is anyone?

King of Cool

AUSTIN, TEXAS

Moves
18 May 18

Originally posted by @moonbus
Go to menu > Community > Annotated Games, and look them over. Some players write notes about games they have played and publish them there. If you're a 2100+ player, you probably won't learn anything as most of the players who publish annotations are below that strength.
yes, so i found the annotaded games, with annotated moves indicated in each game??? but still then what is an annotated move? annotated, what for?

Über-Nerd

Moves
18 May 18
2 edits

yes, so i found the annotaded games, with annotated moves indicated in each game??? but still then what is an annotated move? annotated, what for?
Have you never read a chess book in which the author (or someone else) does not simply record the moves of some game, but adds commentary, explaining the strategy behind the moves? Or alternative moves which would have won/lost/drawn instead. Those are annotations. What for? For others to read, enjoy, and learn from.

Some RHP players also annotate their games. What for? To show off how clever they are, I suppose.

King of Cool

AUSTIN, TEXAS

Moves
19 May 18

OHHHHH, I get it, finally...............explanations, that sure helps! thanks 😲