1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Jun '11 16:13
    Originally posted by Tarpey
    oooh one more before bed: changing the piece style seems to effect only the preview board and not the game board.
    Fixed this now. Noticed the captured pieces box was not updating too.

A 0.0.2 file has been uploaded, but only has minor tweaks and fixes. See first post for the link if you want to update.
  2. Standard memberTarpey
    Wizzard Lv.3
    Coventry, UK
    Moves
    21 Jun '11 19:241 edit
    Fair comment on the 'log out', non-issue. I'm just not used to seeing log out functionality within Android apps.

Functions really well and moving my pieces is so much easier than through the stock browser. My suggestions are formatting tweaks rather than core functionality, I think you can take that as a good sign :-)

Found no problems with messaging although the formatting within the text box could do with a minor tidyup as the text seemed to overlap the input box.

On a related note some of the text on the right hand side of the urgent games looks really tightly packed in, a pixel or two of spacing on the right might look better. I can post a screencap if it would be helpful?
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Jun '11 09:25
    Fair comment on the 'log out', non-issue. I'm just not used to seeing log out functionality within Android apps.

Functions really well and moving my pieces is so much easier than through the stock browser. My suggestions are formatting tweaks rather than core functionality, I think you can take that as a good sign :-)

Found no problems with messaging ...[text shortened]... two of spacing on the right might look better. I can post a screencap if it would be helpful?
    Because I only have one physical device, my testing is limited to emulators and an HTC Desire. So, a screengrab would be interesting to see, not sure how you do such a thing on a real device though.
  4. Standard memberTarpey
    Wizzard Lv.3
    Coventry, UK
    Moves
    22 Jun '11 09:48
    Let's try this:

http://twitpic.com/5f4626 - bit tight on the right
    http://twitpic.com/5f4693 - messaging formatting needs a bit more spacing

Hope that works - my phone allows screen grabs with a home+back keypress but I think this might be handset specific rather than android functionality.
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Jun '11 10:13
    Let's try this:

http://twitpic.com/5f4626 - bit tight on the right
    http://twitpic.com/5f4693 - messaging formatting needs a bit more spacing

Hope that works - my phone allows screen grabs with a home+back keypress but I think this might be handset specific rather than android functionality.
    Excellent, thanks.

I just found out I can take screengrabs using the SDK tools, even off the physical device, but it looks like you need a third party app to achieve this otherwise.
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Jun '11 17:54
    No new build tonight, but tomorrow there will be which will include the waiting games notification service among other things.
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    23 Jun '11 18:231 edit
    Latest build 0.0.3 available now, with a service to periodically alert you to waiting games.

Note : The service will not restart if you power down your device. So an app launch is required after every reset. This should be addressed in a future release.
  8. Standard memberTarpey
    Wizzard Lv.3
    Coventry, UK
    Moves
    23 Jun '11 23:14
    Just got the latest build - thanks.

One possible bug:

Within game details it seems to always say 'no time remaining'. The other fields looks fine.

Not bugs but feature requests for consideration:

Within the games list, it would be useful to see a total # of pending games.

Would be nice if the app could override my screen dimmer timeout - there are a few occasions where I might need more than 30 seconds to make my move :-)

Finally it would be nice if I could customise notification sound
  9. Standard memberTarpey
    Wizzard Lv.3
    Coventry, UK
    Moves
    23 Jun '11 23:26
    last one: quotation marks within a player profile show as

"
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Jun '11 15:481 edit
    - Preference option added to keep screen lit on the board view (and only the board view).
    - Quotes problem fixed on profile.
    - Game details page revisited - few more items added.
    - Padding added to key text fields
  11. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    25 Jun '11 10:443 edits
    -Improved home icons

A beta has now been uploaded to the Google marketplace - search right from your phone. Any issues, please post site feedback before giving a low rating. Thanks.

And remember to update often.

Link here :

RedHotPawn Android Client
  12. Standard memberTarpey
    Wizzard Lv.3
    Coventry, UK
    Moves
    25 Jun '11 18:58
    Hmm can't seem to get either the screen dimmer to override the phone, and yet to recieve a move notification. As there's been so many builds I opted to uninstall and grab a fresh copy from the marketplace. Still no joy.

Congrats on hitting beta/marketplace. It's an awesome app and gets the full five stars from me! :-)
  13. Standard memberTarpey
    Wizzard Lv.3
    Coventry, UK
    Moves
    25 Jun '11 21:34
    Notifications are working.. just had three at once, must have been my refresh interval.
  14. Hell
    Moves
    26 Jun '11 19:40
    Great app already. I did miss having an analysis board ...
    Thanks for the work.
  15. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    26 Jun '11 21:00
    Originally posted by Bael
    Great app already. I did miss having an analysis board ...
    Thanks for the work.
    This will be added this week.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree