2 players game

2 players game

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h

Moves
15 Dec 08

Hi

I am new. I played two games and I noticed that my opponents played many games at the same time, and I had to wait a long time for a response. It's ok, but there should be a possibility to just play one game at one time against one opponent.

Probably one could insert a parameter in "Find Player" and "My Settings" to notify/to set that a player wants to play one game, duration maximum 2 days (possible time difference). When playing an email notification could change the parameter.

Regards

Uwe Schmiedecke

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
15 Dec 08

Actually this is a correspondance chess site. Which means that you shzould be prepared for longer waits until your opponent finds time to return to your game. This is also reflected in the available timings. The shortest available option is 1/0 (1 day timeout, no timebank) which gives your opponent roughly a day.

The other point is even if I would state in my profile to be open to play one game exclusievly at a time I still would have that day available...

h

Moves
15 Dec 08

Originally posted by Ponderable
Actually this is a correspondance chess site. Which means that you shzould be prepared for longer waits until your opponent finds time to return to your game. This is also reflected in the available timings. The shortest available option is 1/0 (1 day timeout, no timebank) which gives your opponent roughly a day.

The other point is even if I would stat ...[text shortened]... ofile to be open to play one game exclusievly at a time I still would have that day available...
Hallo Ponderable,

I know that this is a correspondance chess site and I don't want to change it.

I talked about something different, about the possibility to play as well, whenever I like (!), one single game with one single player.

For that I suggested to add a parameter into the software.

Your answer has nothing to see with my question! There are only 2 options to my suggestion: yes or no.

Regards

Uwe Schmiedecke

Moves
15 Dec 08

Originally posted by hmups
Hallo Ponderable,

I talked about something different, about the possibility to play as well, whenever I like (!), one single game with one single player.

Your answer has nothing to see with my question! There are only 2 options to my suggestion: yes or no.

Regards

Uwe Schmiedecke
what is your suggestion? you want a game with a 24 hour timebank that ticks away after each move?

you might as well play blitz.

J

Moves
15 Dec 08

Hallo Ponderable,

Regards

Uwe Schmiedecke
See that "Play blitz" icon in the upper right corner of the page?

Moves
15 Dec 08

Originally posted by Jigtie
See that "Play blitz" icon in the upper right corner of the page?
no, i see 'log out' ๐Ÿ˜‰

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirateโ„ข

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
15 Dec 08

Originally posted by trev33
no, i see 'log out' ๐Ÿ˜‰
Do us all a favour and click it.

T

ALG

Moves
15 Dec 08

Hi

I am new. I played two games and I noticed that my opponents played many games at the same time, and I had to wait a long time for a response. It's ok, but there should be a possibility to just play one game at one time against one opponent.

Probably one could insert a parameter in "Find Player" and "My Settings" to notify/to set that a player wants t ...[text shortened]... hen playing an email notification could change the parameter.

Regards

Uwe Schmiedecke
Try:
My settings > my profile settings
Here can you set a maximum number of games.

N

The sky

Moves
15 Dec 08

Hi

Probably one could insert a parameter in "Find Player" and "My Settings" to notify/to set that a player wants t ...[text shortened]... hen playing an email notification could change the parameter.

Regards

Uwe Schmiedecke
I think there are very few players on the site who play only one game at a time, and even fewer who play one fast game. So I doubt there would be enough support for this idea to have it implemented. You could try to specify your desired conditions in an open invite, or start a thread asking for an opponent who agrees on those conditions.

Pale Yellow Star!

Minneapolis

Moves
16 Dec 08

Maybe an option should be available for 0/1 time settings. or 0/2. I notices the big 2009 championship tourney has 0 as the timeout, the time limit is the timebank, so time is operated in the game like the clock in OTB, only its 60 days long.

Maybe we should have that option when we set up games, issue clan challenge, create club tournaments. Then you'd know the game would be done in, say, 2 days. If that's what you like. I know I have clan members who want "fast" games, but 1/0 time settings can make a game still last more than 2 months.

Z

Moves
16 Dec 08

he simply asks that there be an option to a game that only allows persons who have no games going on to join. and then that same option would prevent those two from joining any other games until the game in question is finished.

if this is what he asks, it is idiotic and accomplishes nothing. not only the game would last the same, but you wouldn't be able to play anything else.

h

Moves
22 Dec 08

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
he simply asks that there be an option to a game that only allows persons who have no games going on to join. and then that same option would prevent those two from joining any other games until the game in question is finished.

if this is what he asks, it is idiotic and accomplishes nothing. not only the game would last the same, but you wouldn't be able to play anything else.
Hallo Zahlanzi,

I think my question is not at all "idiotic", if it was I would not publish it.

The way you express yourself - arrogant and dumb - should not be the rule in this forum, think about it and try to have respect for those who cannot compete with your intelligence! Be polite!

Kind regards

Uwe Schmiedecke

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
22 Dec 08

Hallo Zahlanzi,

I think my question is not at all "idiotic", if it was I would not publish it.

The way you express yourself - arrogant and dumb - should not be the rule in this forum, think about it and try to have respect for those who cannot compete with your intelligence! Be polite!

Kind regards

Uwe Schmiedecke
German folk are reknown for their tolerance of others ๐Ÿ˜‰

SP

Moves
22 Dec 08

I suggest not playing subscribers and only playing games with 0 timebank

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
22 Dec 08
1 edit

Hi

Regards

Uwe Schmiedecke
This is a bad idea.

Use the blitz option. If there were a 24 hour option, or a 48 hour option 6-9 hours would be eaten up when one player sleeps or works. Someone can easily figure out when you are or are not around, make a game and you'd be stuck with much of your clock erased.

They do this 2 or 3 times, making moves after you work or sleep and next thing you know you're complaining about a feature you devised.

It won't work.

P-