1. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    28 Dec '21 16:30
    OK. Metal you can do us a favour. Read all scientific artilces on a given topic. say somethig not too broad. "Adsorption of gases on zeolites" would be a suggestion. take a year, say 2000. Now just give us the number of true vs. false things that posed as "facts".

If you get a number higher than 10% we will bow to you.

Don't take COVID-19 this is far too big a filed (for ordinary people like us, not for super scientists like you) and a lot ist still on the move. Plus I expect you will have difficulties, since you are the only person who knows more about virus isolation than all virology professors combined...
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Dec '21 20:46
    @Ponderable
    Hey, I wish I could triple thumbs up you🙂
  3. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    29 Dec '21 23:282 edits
    @sonhouse said
    @Ponderable
    Hey, I wish I could triple thumbs up you🙂
    You just did 🙂
    BUT............Please, no,
    anything but 'zerohedge.com'
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    30 Dec '21 05:49
    @ponderable said
    OK. Metal you can do us a favour. Read all scientific artilces on a given topic. say somethig not too broad. "Adsorption of gases on zeolites" would be a suggestion. take a year, say 2000. Now just give us the number of true vs. false things that posed as "facts".

If you get a number higher than 10% we will bow to you.

Don't take COVID-19 this is far too big a filed ...[text shortened]... ou are the only person who knows more about virus isolation than all virology professors combined...
    Why should I care about zeolites?
    Why do you suggest that?

You are like one of those city people who insists that people go "cow tipping".
    It is all based on the assumption that cows sleep standing up. They don't. It is a myth that people will not let go of. Same thing with salt peter preventing erections. It doesn't.

https://www.livescience.com/1956-study-gossip-trumps-truth.html

Just because the vast majority of people believe something and tell it to you as if it is a fact does not make it a fact, but human nature is to believe it anyway. Scientists are not immune from that human nature. They fall for it just as easily as morons.
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    30 Dec '21 07:52
    @metal-brain said
    Why should I care about zeolites?
    Why do you suggest that?

You are like one of those city people who insists that people go "cow tipping".
    It is all based on the assumption that cows sleep standing up. They don't. It is a myth that people will not let go of. Same thing with salt peter preventing erections. It doesn't.

https://www.livescience.com/1956-study-gossip- ...[text shortened]... anyway. Scientists are not immune from that human nature. They fall for it just as easily as morons.
    adsorption on zeolites is what I did in my PhD work. So I know a bit about it (probably not as much as you and you probably have a video on it, where some guy ells things I didn't knew).

I am a rural boy grew up in a village with about 1200 inhabitants and know my cows, just saying.

You attack a straw man by the way: Nobody put up the thesis that scienists are less prone to human behaviour.

However I tried to show you a way to support your original theis

Scientits lie often

with the implication mre often than the average or the mean of the population (you do understand the difference I hope?)
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    31 Dec '21 00:50
    @ponderable said
    adsorption on zeolites is what I did in my PhD work. So I know a bit about it (probably not as much as you and you probably have a video on it, where some guy ells things I didn't knew).

I am a rural boy grew up in a village with about 1200 inhabitants and know my cows, just saying.

You attack a straw man by the way: Nobody put up the thesis that scienists are less p ...[text shortened]... mre often than the average or the mean of the population (you do understand the difference I hope?)
    You have not explained why zeolites are relevant.
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    31 Dec '21 11:12
    Facebook Said My Article Was 'False Information.' Now the Fact-Checkers Admit They Were Wrong.

https://reason.com/2021/12/29/facebook-masks-false-information-science-feedback-wrong-covid/
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Jan '22 03:28
    @Metal-Brain
    If you were American Dictator, what rules would you make, what would you make legal that was illegal and Vice Versa?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree