Who Wants to Live Forever Anyway?

Who Wants to Live Forever Anyway?

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cape Town

Moves
22 Dec 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Have you some personal experience of this? Just wondering why you mention it; I know someone who is using the drug.
No, I have no personal experience nor medical knowledge of the drug other than what I referenced. Anyone using the drug should do so only on advice of their doctor and also double-check what they can on the internet.
All I was saying is don't jump the gun based on rat studies and start taking a drug that could have negative effects too.

My own medical condition relates to the B12 and folic acid pathways. Sadly I have been told that further investigation would be either impossible in South Africa or astronomically expensive.

I do have diabetes in my family tree and will likely suffer from it in old age and may at that time start taking Metformin (on a doctors advice)

Moves
22 Dec 15

Originally posted by twhitehead
No, I have no personal experience nor medical knowledge of the drug other than what I referenced. Anyone using the drug should do so only on advice of their doctor and also double-check what they can on the internet.
All I was saying is don't jump the gun based on rat studies and start taking a drug that could have negative effects too.

My own medical ...[text shortened]... kely suffer from it in old age and may at that time start taking Metformin (on a doctors advice)
My wife takes Metformin under doctors instruction and she works hard to control her T2 diabetes which she does very well after a quite significant early issue with her eyes which was compounded by serious anemia (hence my frequent personal references to blood transfusion in the JW threads in spirituality). I sent her the link you posted, thanks.