the origon of the moon

the origon of the moon

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Jun 09

Originally posted by karoly aczel
the moon was created when a giant meteor hit the earth and part of it got dislodged thus creating our moon.
Agree, disagree? Any evidence without referring me to another site?
Except it wasn't a giant meteor, it was a planet the size of mercury or mars. I think part of the evidence is still here on Earth, the basin that is the south pacific ocean, a depression I think had its origin in that blast.

F

Moves
10 Jun 09

Originally posted by sonhouse
..., the basin that is the south pacific ocean, a depression I think had its origin in that blast.
That theory was originated before the theory of tectonics. When Earths surface was molten (or just a thin hot crust), nothing can remain from then till now.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Jun 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
That theory was originated before the theory of tectonics. When Earths surface was molten (or just a thin hot crust), nothing can remain from then till now.
I think there is more going on there than plate tectonics. There is an imbalance there.

F

Moves
11 Jun 09

I think there is more going on there than plate tectonics. There is an imbalance there.
Any trace 4½ million of years after the collision is gone.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
11 Jun 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Any trace 4½ million of years after the collision is gone.
Well 4 billion, but who's counting🙂

F

Moves
11 Jun 09

Well 4 billion, but who's counting🙂
🙂