1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jul '20 23:44
    @sonhouse said
    @joe-shmo
    So, you know full well that means about 700 days to get everyone tested ONCE.
    You also know full well people need multiple testing, so suppose we find out we need 4 tests per person, WOW, only 2800 days to get THAT done.
    Does EVERYONE have to be tested??
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 00:223 edits
    @joe-shmo
    If everyone was tested, we would KNOW who had it, symptoms or not. A LOT of people have the virus without symptoms and thus can transmit it unknowingly.
    So yes, it would be a HUGE help if everyone was tested, say weekly.
    I don't think the medical industry could ever make that much test kits though.
    There is however a lot of work going on to make accurate HOME test kits like pregnancy tests, turns blue if you are positive or some such, catches on fire maybe🙂

But of course in the US, Trump would never allow that even if possible, but come November......
  3. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 10:353 edits
    I think Trump is looking for checkmate with the vaccine investments.
    Which I believe is the correct way to be dealing with it,
    rather than what is the best way to live with this.

How are you going to track everyone when it's anarchy?
    Lucky Jacinda, NZ's PM is smart and has kept on top of it the entire time.

Too much testosterone not enough action.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 17:10
    @Executioner-Brand
    So the race is on, SCOTUS says Trump is not above the law so the two cases against him are back to lower courts.

Meanwhile, Trump prays for a vaccine.

Looks like neither one will conclude before November.
  5. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 08:41
    @sonhouse said

I assume many of us also do but, with a difference; We do it for the right reasons.
  6. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 20:01
    @sonhouse said
    @Executioner-Brand
    So the race is on, SCOTUS says Trump is not above the law so the two cases against him are back to lower courts.

Looks like neither one will conclude before November.
    Any purported vaccine rolled out as early as November would likely be about as dangerous as the virus itself.
  7. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 20:23
    @soothfast said
    Any purported vaccine rolled out as early as November would likely be about as dangerous as the virus itself.
    Quite possibly if it is so fast-tracked before given to people that it didn't go through all the usually lengthy vigorous safety trials. I once read that a government (forget which one) once ordered a desperately wanted vaccine be given to people despite it had not quite yet gone through all the usual vigorous safety trials and it made some, not all, people sick and even killed some people.
  8. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 20:36
    @humy said
    Quite possibly if it is so fast-tracked before given to people that it didn't go through all the usually lengthy vigorous safety trials. I once read that a government (forget which one) once ordered a desperately wanted vaccine be given to people despite it had not quite yet gone through all the usual vigorous safety trials and it made some, not all, people sick and even killed some people.
    A vaccine was banged out in record time in 1976 in the US, in reaction to what appeared to be a particularly nasty strain of swine flu.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1976_swine_flu_outbreak

And there were indeed dire consequences for some:
    In 1976, an outbreak of the swine flu, influenza A virus subtype H1N1 at Fort Dix, New Jersey caused one death, hospitalized 13, and led to a mass immunization program. After the program began, the vaccine was associated with an increase in reports of Guillain-Barré Syndrome, which can cause paralysis, respiratory arrest, and death. The immunization program was ended after approximately 25% of the population of the United States had been administered the vaccine.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree