New ideas on how life started on Earth:

New ideas on how life started on Earth:

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
08 Aug 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
I lost $250,000 in a retirement 401K fund that I had no control over, it fell to nearly zero in '98. So I am back in the job market, barely making 77K WITH my SS coming in. It is barely keeping me afloat.
It seems that it takes more and more to live now days. My wife and I do not have to go to work, so I guess that cuts down on some gasoline expense, and we got our house paid off before we retired. However, I know what you mean about little things adding up.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
08 Aug 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
It seems that it takes more and more to live now days. My wife and I do not have to go to work, so I guess that cuts down on some gasoline expense, and we got our house paid off before we retired. However, I know what you mean about little things adding up.

The Instructor
If that dam bubble had not hit, it would have at least paid off our house and cars, not a real retirement plan but hey, I would really love to have that quarter mil right now.