1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Aug '13 08:59
    Originally posted by humy
    you make assumptions that can't be proven, then claim that science backs you up.

Firstly, that isn't science because science is not about making “assumptions that can't be proven”. What you describe above is a good description of the creationist religion that pretends to be backed up by science.

Secondly, the only real war that was don ...[text shortened]... se for war -only pseudoscience in WW2 and, much more often than this in other wars, religion.
    That pseudoscience was evolution or really evilution.

The Instructor
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Aug '13 13:561 edit
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    "Stupid Muslims can't even keep their fight to christians and Hindi's. They fight each other, Sunni V Shia and other sects. Bombing each other's mosques and such, car bombs at funerals."

Many of these fights are fomented by Christians.

http://www.democracynow.org/2004/6/9/remembering_the_dead_reagan_armed_iraq

Other than that, I agree with most ...[text shortened]... hat you said. Muslims are not stupid. Christians are just hypocrites, like Reagan and Bush.
    I totally agree, most muslims and most christians are not stupid. Just duped by the dogma of their faiths where they let other humans rule their minds. There is just as much culpability on the part of christians as on muslims. Simply put, they BOTH suck bigtime. And Hindi's are not the peace loving sect they like to portray either.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Aug '13 15:40
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I totally agree, most muslims and most christians are not stupid. Just duped by the dogma of their faiths where they let other humans rule their minds. There is just as much culpability on the part of christians as on muslims. Simply put, they BOTH suck bigtime. And Hindi's are not the peace loving sect they like to portray either.
    The truth is that no one has the right to tell others how to believe. Those who forget this truth are haters.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Aug '13 20:50
    There you go with your religious views in the Science Forum again. What must we do to keep these atheist religious views out of the Science Forum. It seems to be a losing battle.

The Instructor
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Aug '13 15:001 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    There you go with your religious views in the Science Forum again. What must we do to keep these atheist religious views out of the Science Forum. It seems to be a losing battle.

The Instructor
    Talk about the kettle calling the pot black.

This is you verbatim on another thread right here in science:

And maybe then the fullness of the gentiles will be complete and the Jews will say, "Blesses is He that comes in the name of the Lord."

HalleluYah !!!

The Instructor
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Aug '13 15:54
    Talk about the kettle calling the pot black.

This is you verbatim on another thread right here in science:

And maybe then the fullness of the gentiles will be complete and the Jews will say, "Blesses is He that comes in the name of the Lord."

HalleluYah !!!

The Instructor
    You got me on that one. I must plead quilty as charged.

The Instructor
  7. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    05 Aug '13 03:13
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Interesting. How many wars can you name where a reasoning based on (pseudo-)science was the primary motivation?
    The war on terror obviously.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Aug '13 15:18
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Interesting. How many wars can you name where a reasoning based on (pseudo-)science was the primary motivation?
    I believe we have a little war right here in this forum.
  9. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    07 Aug '13 01:19
    Originally posted by Eladar
    I believe we have a little war right here in this forum.
    No, we have a troll who insists on posting about creationism in half the threads in the science forum.
  10. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    07 Aug '13 02:40
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    No, we have a troll who insists on posting about creationism in half the threads in the science forum.
    Actually creationism has scientific merit as does evolution. Both camps have a leap in faith for their respective belief system.
  11. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    07 Aug '13 09:39
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Actually creationism has scientific merit as does evolution. Both camps have a leap in faith for their respective belief system.
    No, this is a lie.

Creationism has no scientific merit at all.

And evolution requires no leap of faith, and is not a belief system.
    It is a scientific theory. An explanatory framework supported by huge amounts of evidence
    and contradicted by none.

I know you are religiously indoctrinated to believe otherwise and we can discuss this
    (yet again) in spirituality if you like.

BUT CREATIONISM IS NOT, HAS NEVER BEEN, AND NEVER WILL BE, SCIENCE.

You can pontificate all you like on this subject. Just not in this forum.
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    07 Aug '13 09:48
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    This -

'Actually creationism has scientific merit as does evolution.'

Gets the biggest LOL of the week!!
  13. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    07 Aug '13 17:521 edit
    The truth is that no one has the right to tell others how to believe. Those who forget this truth are haters.
    I believe you are wrong on both accounts:

The truth is that no one has the right to tell others how to believe.

No, we DO have that right but only providing we are telling people that they should be LOGICAL in how they believe. We have the right to tell people that they should believe what is true purely according to flawless logic and the evidence and NOT according to what they WANT to be true. Delusional beliefs i.e. those NOT based on just logic/evidence have been (and also will be ) responsible for countless millions of murders across the world mainly by delusional brutal dictators and leaders that delusionally believed, amongst many other delusional beliefs, that a god was on their side -this must stop.
    Those who forget this truth are haters.

It isn't the “truth” and those that disbelieve it need not hate because of it. Those with delusional minds generally do far more hating than I (and probably most scientists and most other people with high IQ ) ever will -THEY are the true haters.

P.S. I may or may not have time to respond to any post for a few days -we shall see.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Aug '13 18:22
    Originally posted by humy
    I believe you are wrong on both accounts:

The truth is that no one has the right to tell others how to believe.

No, we DO have that right but only providing we are telling people that they should be LOGICAL in how they believe. We have the right to tell people that they should believe what is true purely according to flawless logic and ...[text shortened]... haters.

P.S. I may or may not have time to respond to any post for a few days -we shall see.
    I never said a hater would agree with me.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Aug '13 18:291 edit
    I never said a hater would agree with me.
    So you figure the inquisitions were ok, the burning at the stake of non-believers, the tortures and the present day tortures, rape and forced conversion to Islam, all that shyte is ok with you?

Oh yeah, that was all do to bad people not bad religion. NOT. It is due to bad religion. The only good religion is a dead religion. Then the human race has a chance at true maturity, till then it is one religious war after another ad infinitum. But of course, all that is ok with the true believers.

I guess you would view it as a population control initiative.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree