1. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    12 Jul '19 19:31
    @metal-brain said
    Two thirds of the presidential democrat candidates are open to carbon taxes. That is accurate.

Obama's plan is vague and probably mostly ineffective. It was a long term plan for automobile efficiency far past his two term limit which makes little sense. Those targets were probably what the automobile manufactures were okay with in the first place and were the result of ...[text shortened]... ore any plan was implemented. There was already a trend of reduction before he even got into office.
    Obama's plan speaks for itself. It was effective in some areas. No mention of a carbon tax, which is weird because you kept calling it the top priority. It seems like it's conservatives telling their voters it's the Democrats top priority just to get their base riled up, but instead more realistic solutions were put in place. Obviously when you talk about climate it must be longer than a presidential term, and you would not expect a new administration to stop listening to all scientific advisors regarding climate change and pollution.

Our current leadership thinks that wind power causes cancer. The result: pollution is up 14%.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2019/07/trumps-us-doesnt-have-cleanest-air-record/593500/
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Jul '19 12:53
    @wildgrass said
    Obama's plan speaks for itself. It was effective in some areas. No mention of a carbon tax, which is weird because you kept calling it the top priority. It seems like it's conservatives telling their voters it's the Democrats top priority just to get their base riled up, but instead more realistic solutions were put in place. Obviously when you talk about climate it must be ...[text shortened]... ttps://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2019/07/trumps-us-doesnt-have-cleanest-air-record/593500/
    I am quite sure Trump does not think wind power causes cancer, he says those kind of ridiculous things just to throw off those not in his base while his base totally believes every sick work this would be dictator says.
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 Jul '19 15:34
    @sonhouse said
    I am quite sure Trump does not think wind power causes cancer, he says those kind of ridiculous things just to throw off those not in his base while his base totally believes every sick work this would be dictator says.
    Why do you suppose that is? Partisan bias!
    You are just as guilty as the republicans are for that.
    You believed Gaddafi was a horrible person. You bought every sick lie about him. Look at the county now. It is in ruins. Gaddafi was the best thing to ever happen to that country.
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 Jul '19 15:40
    @wildgrass said
    Obama's plan speaks for itself. It was effective in some areas. No mention of a carbon tax, which is weird because you kept calling it the top priority. It seems like it's conservatives telling their voters it's the Democrats top priority just to get their base riled up, but instead more realistic solutions were put in place. Obviously when you talk about climate it must be ...[text shortened]... ttps://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2019/07/trumps-us-doesnt-have-cleanest-air-record/593500/
    It was mostly ineffective. It was not intended to be effective any more than the Paris Accords were. Obama's plan speaks for itself alright, it didn't accomplish much of anything at all.

Show me where it was effective. All I read was a bunch of vague nonsense that could not possibly make a difference. The best they can say is it is "partly" going to make a difference.

You have to be an optimist to believe Obama's plan, because almost nothing in the wording indicates it will work except for "partly".
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 Jul '19 15:42
    @deepthought said
    Well, that article, or at least its abstract, looks fine. However, it does not address overlapping bands in any way, so it is not obvious to me how it affects that part of the debate.

The paper looks at the likely size of feedback of global warming on CO_2 levels from carbon sinks. It is giving the amount of carbon released from the environment due to warming as 7.7 ...[text shortened]... ecent work may have changed the estimate for gamma. Did you do a search for a more recent estimate?
    No, have you?
  6. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    13 Jul '19 16:18
    @metal-brain said
    No, have you?
    I'm not relying on it to prove a point for me.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Jul '19 17:181 edit
    @metal-brain said
    Why do you suppose that is? Partisan bias!
    You are just as guilty as the republicans are for that.
    You believed Gaddafi was a horrible person. You bought every sick lie about him. Look at the county now. It is in ruins. Gaddafi was the best thing to ever happen to that country.
    I believe Saddam was a horrible person, Gaddafi wasn't a saint but compared to Saddam, he was a bible school teacher.

Trump is running the US into ruin as far as influence in the world goes.
    China knows that full well and is actively building their empire with the Roads project which plans to complete in 30 years. When was the last time Trump talked about ANYTHING 30 years hence? More like 30 MINUTES hence, that is all he is capable of seeing. And THAT only about 'how will I look in 30 minutes' and nothing about what people think of the US anymore.

Now hundreds of demonstrations against his inhumane treatment of immigrants locked in cages with not even the ability to take a shower, treatment convicted criminals don't suffer under. CONVICTS get to at least take showers.

Pence shows up at one of those centers that stunk to high heaven and this supposed Christian couldn't even LOOK at those prisoners of war.
    I don't know if you watched that disgusting display, but his eyes were aimed UP at the ceiling, arms crossed and then says how great a job the agents are doing.
    Is this the America you want the world to note in the history books?

Like the fact Trump's cabinet are just about ALL 'acting' heads which is Trump's MO, he can let that just stay that way, thus avoiding any kind of vetting from the Senate. And the dude he want's to stand in for Acosta, that dude is as wacked out as you can get. Just what Trump wants, a bunch of wacked out idiots who will lick his boots and do whatever this would be dictator wants. He already has McConnell doing that right now, a spineless assswipe if there ever was one.

Trump is so deep into corruption he will never get out. His buddy Kavanaugh can protect him while he is POTUS but there will be many prosecutors after his sorry ass after he leaves office as the idea of impeachment is dead in the water because McConnell has given up his powers of leadership to kiss Trump's ass. History is not going to treat those people well.
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 Jul '19 18:50
    @sonhouse said
    I believe Saddam was a horrible person, Gaddafi wasn't a saint but compared to Saddam, he was a bible school teacher.

Trump is running the US into ruin as far as influence in the world goes.
    China knows that full well and is actively building their empire with the Roads project which plans to complete in 30 years. When was the last time Trump talked about ANYTHING 30 ye ...[text shortened]... en up his powers of leadership to kiss Trump's ass. History is not going to treat those people well.
    So you continue to spew more partisan bias? Both Democrats and Republicans have been divided and conquered. You are the perfect example of how clueless both sides are. You fight each other while wars continue driving us deeper into debt. Both sides are doing that, not just one.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Jul '19 23:13
    You are deliberately missing my point. It is TRUMP screwing up the country. If you can't see that we have nothing to talk about.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    14 Jul '19 08:182 edits
    @sonhouse said
    You are deliberately missing my point. It is TRUMP screwing up the country. If you can't see that we have nothing to talk about.
    ...and if a democrat were in office the republicans would say the POTUS is screwing up the country. You are both more alike than different merely for thinking the worst of each other. I have republican friends that think Trump is doing a great job. I think they are ignorant for thinking that, but I thought the same thing of Obama supporters while they thought invading Libya was a wonderful idea.

Will you acknowledge that Obama (with the help of NATO countries) killed a lot of people and turned Libya into a crap hole? Do you think only Iraq was a mistake? Why didn't you call for both Trump and Pence's impeachment after they openly said they were conspiring to overthrow Venezuela they way I did? Did you not believe Jimmy Carter when he said Venezuela has the best elections in the world?

https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/debates/impeach-both-trump-and-pence.179993

https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/debates/was-maduro-democratically-elected.179859
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Jul '19 15:511 edit
    @Metal-Brain
    The Obama administration was nuked by Mitch McConnell where the repubs started a relatively new strategy started by Newt Gingrich, FUK democrats, don't deal with them, don't compromise, screw them at every turn. If you think otherwise look up that patron saint of government, Newt Gingrich.
    If you think otherwise, tell me why two Obama SCOTUS nominees were not even allowed to come up for a vote but even a cretin like Kavanaugh got shoved through by republicans where you know good and well if K had been picked by Obama, he would have been trashed by the republicans as they proved by not even allowing Obama nominees from coming up to a vote, stonewalling till Barak left office.
    Yep, those bad Obama years, Barak totally fukked up EVERYTHING.
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    15 Jul '19 01:12
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    The Obama administration was nuked by Mitch McConnell where the repubs started a relatively new strategy started by Newt Gingrich, FUK democrats, don't deal with them, don't compromise, screw them at every turn. If you think otherwise look up that patron saint of government, Newt Gingrich.
    If you think otherwise, tell me why two Obama SCOTUS nominees were not ...[text shortened]... onewalling till Barak left office.
    Yep, those bad Obama years, Barak totally fukked up EVERYTHING.
    You demonize the other side when your side used the same tactic. You have an irrational partisan bias. Dems and repubs are more alike than you want to admit.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/23/us/politics/joe-biden-argued-for-delaying-supreme-court-picks-in-1992.html
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Jul '19 02:202 edits
    @Metal-Brain
    It was Newt who turned that into a weapon. Ever since Newt, repubs have stopped trying to make deals, instead stopping cold any democrat initiative and that is a deliberate tactic and if you don't believe me look up newt on google.

Since then the republican strategy has been to NEVER make deals with democrats.
    You see that to this day in the stonewalling of giving the house any documents that could be used to impeach Trump. 80+ subpoena's and the republicans wear them as party hats.

This strategy goes against everything the founding fathers tried to set up.
    It is anti-democratic to use such weapons instead of compromise and deal like they have done for 200 years. It is just further evidence the US is on a long slow slide to the dust bin of history unless we break this impasse and get back to real deal making again. Right now there is ZERO deal making from the republican side and if you think otherwise you better look a bit closer.

Do you seriously think we have a sane POTUS? Do you seriously think he is helping the US gain influence in the world? Do you think he actually gives a crap about any of that?
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    15 Jul '19 10:46
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    It was Newt who turned that into a weapon. Ever since Newt, repubs have stopped trying to make deals, instead stopping cold any democrat initiative and that is a deliberate tactic and if you don't believe me look up newt on google.

Since then the republican strategy has been to NEVER make deals with democrats.
    You see that to this day in the stonewalling ...[text shortened]... helping the US gain influence in the world? Do you think he actually gives a crap about any of that?
    Obstructionism is how the establishment maintains the status quo. That way the POTUS can blame partisan obstructionism for no change. Obama is a DINO. He continued the Bush tax cuts just like a republican. He put the individual mandate in health care which is a republican idea. Newt approved I'm sure.

YouTube&t=13s

You were duped into accepting a republican that pretended to be a democrat. Don't you feel foolish for defending republican policies all this time?
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Jul '19 13:202 edits
    @Metal-Brain
    Don't you feel foolish defending a clearly racist POTUS with brown skin people held in cages like animals? Even convicted criminals are treated better than that yet Trump is casting those illegal immigrants like they were an armed invading army and if so they should be jailed as prisoners of war not the misdemeanor those folks have actually violated.

I can only assume you AGREE with such treatment, like ripping 2 month old infants from mothers arms. In WW2 Japanese Americans were held in camps too for the duration of the war but they were not separated from family, instead, housed in family units.

So do those illegal immigrants deserve any worse treatment than we give to convicted criminals or WW2 camps?

I would like a serious answer to that besides, look how bad Obama was. This is 2019 not 2015 and times are WAY different now with a literal insane sociopath narcissistic racist as POTUS.

BTW, he also is butting into Naval technology, saying he wants 'those GODDDAM Steam catapults' back on nuclear powered aircraft carriers.

It turns out steam cats are inefficient, slow to repeat, and maintenance intensive while electric cats are much more efficient, much less maintenance and are much faster to repeat.
    Yet here we have a 'stable genius' now thinking he is an expert on naval technology.

There is a book written about Trump, called "Everything Trump touches, DIES" and that is a fact not a supposition.
    I remember you posting here you would stop supporting Trump if evidence warranted. Just WHAT THE HELL MORE DO YOU NEED?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree