Is our future history?

Is our future history?

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K

Germany

Moves
28 Jun 12

Originally posted by Thequ1ck
I'm suggesting that should science have a theory for existence. The lead theory should be a temporal loop.

All this gnashing of teeth at the creationist twats that show up and yet nobody has a better idea than them.

In fact I'm going a step further by suggesting that our history and present are actually artifacts of the future.
Maybe you should try becoming a Hollywood screenwriter.

Moves
28 Jun 12

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
Maybe you should try becoming a Hollywood screenwriter.
But we already have "The Core"...

Richard

Cape Town

Moves
28 Jun 12

I'm suggesting that should science have a theory for existence. The lead theory should be a temporal loop.
But the evidence is against it, and as I already pointed out, there are some serious problems with paradox's.

All this gnashing of teeth at the creationist twats that show up and yet nobody has a better idea than them.
Of course we do.

In fact I'm going a step further by suggesting that our history and present are actually artifacts of the future.
What if our future is an artifact of the past? Oops, that's already how people view it.

My favorite theory is that there is no past or future. There are only possible pasts and possible futures and a now.

T
Fast above

Slow Below

Moves
02 Jul 12
4 edits

Originally posted by twhitehead
But the evidence is against it, and as I already pointed out, there are some serious problems with paradox's.

[b]All this gnashing of teeth at the creationist twats that show up and yet nobody has a better idea than them.

Of course we do.

In fact I'm going a step further by suggesting that our history and present are actually artifacts of th hat there is no past or future. There are only possible pasts and possible futures and a now.
I couldn't agree more. That's a serious 'Oops' though.

By restructuring our language to point to the future, we can create a paradigm for thought that leads to a better future than the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse.

Just out of curiosity Twitehead, do you really believe in the greater anthropic principle and if so why do we perceive any particular reality over another??

Cape Town

Moves
02 Jul 12

I couldn't agree more. That's a serious 'Oops' though.
The interesting thing is that you too believe in directional time and causality and have been forced to use time travel and time loops in order to get causality running backwards. However the overall flow in your scenario is still in the standard direction of time.

T
Fast above

Slow Below

Moves
02 Jul 12

Originally posted by twhitehead
The interesting thing is that you too believe in directional time and causality and have been forced to use time travel and time loops in order to get causality running backwards. However the overall flow in your scenario is still in the standard direction of time.
No I don't. I'm a maniac. What's your stand-point??

T
Fast above

Slow Below

Moves
02 Jul 12
1 edit

You should be able to answer my question.

If you believe in the greater anthropoic principle. Why do we perceive this particular reality if it's not a temporoal loop??

Moves
03 Jul 12

You should be able to answer my question.

If you believe in the greater anthropoic principle. Why do we perceive this particular reality if it's not a temporoal loop??
No, we should not be able to answer that question, any more than we should be able to answer "If you believe in netwon's principle of grativy. Why do sheep have four legs if they're not inseacts??".

The parts of your "question" have no logical connection, and therefore, it's not strictly a question at all, let alone one which requires answering.

Richard

T
Fast above

Slow Below

Moves
03 Jul 12
8 edits

Originally posted by Shallow Blue
No, we should not be able to answer that question, any more than we should be able to answer "If you believe in netwon's principle of grativy. Why do sheep have four legs if they're not inseacts??".

The parts of your "question" have no logical connection, and therefore, it's not strictly a question at all, let alone one which requires answering.

Richard
So let me get this straight. You're comparing the question of quiescent existentialism to the number of legs on insect sheep?? Interesting. A little bit Isaaac Asimov but interesting all the same.

Chris.

Moves
03 Jul 12

So let me get this straight. You're comparing the question of quiescent existentialism to the number of legs on insect sheep?? Interesting. A little bit Isaaac Asimov but interesting all the same.

Chris.
Do you have any clue what you are talking about because you are talking gibberish as far as I am concerned.

I get the strong impression that you have no idea what science is or how it operates.

T
Fast above

Slow Below

Moves
03 Jul 12
10 edits

Originally posted by googlefudge
Do you have any clue what you are talking about because you are talking gibberish as far as I am concerned.

I get the strong impression that you have no idea what science is or how it operates.
Shouldn't we be structuring ourselves towards the future and not the past??

The age of Aquarius is over. It's about time we took responsibility for our actions.

It's about time.

Moves
03 Jul 12

The age of Aquarius is over. It's about time we took responsibility for our actions.

It's about time.

I literally have no idea what this means.

The age of Aquarius is over

The age of what?

It's about time we took responsibility for our actions.

Well I can agree that a person/society/civilisation should take responsibility for their actions.

But I have no idea how this has any relevance or baring on anything we are discussing.

T
Fast above

Slow Below

Moves
04 Jul 12
7 edits

I literally have no idea what this means.

The age of Aquarius is over

The age of what?

It's about time we took responsibility for our actions.

Well I can agree that a person/society/civilisation should take responsibilit ...[text shortened]... ons.

But I have no idea how this has any relevance or baring on anything we are discussing.
My question (partly) is whether Silicon based life in the future is able to manipulate quantum routers of the present.

Are we a just pawns in computer chess game. Is our future history?

Moves
04 Jul 12

My question (partly) is whether Silicon based life in the future is able to manipulate quantum routers of the present.

Are we a just pawns in computer chess game. Is our future history?
Is this some kind of joke?

Are you just putting together random words and posting them because that's what this sounds like.

T
Fast above

Slow Below

Moves
04 Jul 12
5 edits

Is this some kind of joke?

Are you just putting together random words and posting them because that's what this sounds like.
It's some serious questions. I just walked into a sci-fi convention. Everyone had their little pointy ears on and I'm like 'what the ****?'

So you're gonna build a big kettle is space is that it?