is God logical

is God logical

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
30 Jul 17

Originally posted by @fabianfnas
You believe that Earth is flat? Then that's your religion. Bring it to Spiritual Forum.
If they have a forum for people who refuse to read or understand other people's posts, I recommend you as the moderator: you're a shining example of the non-existent forum's charter.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
31 Jul 17

The example you set up is not very logical.
So god is not logical.

Was this the answer you wanted?
If you want another answer, then we take it at Spiritual Forum.
I dont get it either.
The title doesn't correspond to the op very well at all

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
31 Jul 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
It is in my house sir.

(And I would have welcomed the thread had it been titled 'Is the idea of God logical' ).
Hinduism doesn't make such sharp distinctions between god(s) and science.
Philosophy ,imo, is neither closer to science or spirituality.
Then again some people think modern art is philosophical 😛

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
31 Jul 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @christopher-albon
Okay, agreed. I was in a rush again. Sorry.
I think "god" makes sense to one who is wholistically aligned to the matrix of their creation.
To explain it logically to others on the 'outside' , or to form a general theory that would apply to all seems to be impossible.
Buddhism says to work out your own salvation. Whatever ideas and words you use are known totally only to you and your own concsience .
I believe that trying to understand the eternal is the only thing worth pursuing ( in a logical way). If we just live once and then 'return to dust' then what is the point?
Western science has disproven many religious myths, and will continue to destroy many more, however I am a firm believer in the process of elimination when it comes to understanding spirituality ("God" ). And elimination is a logical process

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
31 Jul 17

Science belongs to one domain. Religion to another. They never meet.
What about Spirituality?

No, I'm sorry, but no matter how may times you guys say this I just cant see the sense in separating these things.
After all, 'separation from god' is the primordial condition that we are all given a chance to re-unify (in our own minds)
🙂

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
31 Jul 17

Originally posted by @freakykbh
Hate to be the one dropping the spoiler, but--- owing to man's arrogance--- they are one and the same.
Both are the result of man trying to help God.
help or understand?
I wouldn't have thought 'God' would need human help (?)

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
31 Jul 17

Originally posted by @sonhouse
The freak does not want to disturb his religion. That is the bottom line and no amount of reasoning will shake him out of his programming. That is the bottom line. he will forever be in that rut AND be a traitor to the USA in his moon landing denier stance.
While that may be true, the sciency-atheistic types seem to be more stuck in their ruts than those that practice true spirituality.
As far as organized religionists are concerned they seem like they actually make the ruts just right for their own idiocy

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Jul 17

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
I think "god" makes sense to one who is wholistically aligned to the matrix of their creation.
To explain it logically to others on the 'outside' , or to form a general theory that would apply to all seems to be impossible.
Buddhism says to work out your own salvation. Whatever ideas and words you use are known totally only to you and your own concsi ...[text shortened]... ation when it comes to understanding spirituality ("God" ). And elimination is a logical process
OK. Just seems easier to me to make perfection and smash it into lots of pieces rather than hope that chance gets around to it. What do you think?

F

Moves
31 Jul 17

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
What about Spirituality?

No, I'm sorry, but no matter how may times you guys say this I just cant see the sense in separating these things.
After all, 'separation from god' is the primordial condition that we are all given a chance to re-unify (in our own minds)
🙂
Why I separate them has a very simple reason.

We cannot use science to study religious matters, such as miracles.
And we cannot use god to our wishes, like change the gravitation.

This doesn't mean that I dismiss one of the domains to favor the other. Each has its value. But they just cannot mix, and you cannot bring methods from one domain to the other.

Some theists hate science. Some atheists hate religion. My opinion in this matters is objective. I would say that my lesser feelings for fundamentalists in any of these domains are more like personal than the feelings I have for the domains per se.

Bottom line: Science and religion cannot be mixed with any value.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Jul 17

Why I separate them has a very simple reason.

Bottom line: Science and religion cannot be mixed with any value.
Maybe you could make that into a chant and click your heels three times.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Jul 17

Did you know that a number is represented by the number of interior angles it contains? Except 3...that has 4.

F

Moves
31 Jul 17

Maybe you could make that into a chant and click your heels three times.
If it's helping you, so, why not. 🙂

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Jul 17

So each dimension's number is represented by it's most collapsed form within that dimension. So 3 in our dimension should be represented by a triangle. A closed shape.

F

Moves
31 Jul 17
1 edit

So each dimension's number is represented by it's most collapsed form within that dimension. So 3 in our dimension should be represented by a triangle. A closed shape.
What number has 'our dimension', by your opinion?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Jul 17

What number has 'our dimension', by your opinion?
We're in the 3.

Did you know the easiest way to do your laces up is one loop away, one towards and then swap them over in one movement?