1. Joined
    06 Dec '18
    Moves
    24 Dec '18 23:04
    @lemon-lime said
    If you pay big bucks for some genius pills but discover they are only tic tacs, there's a very good chance you will become smarter.
    By far the funniest post I've seen here at this site.
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Dec '18 22:08
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I refuse to play your little games. Argue like an adult if you want to be treated like an adult.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Dec '18 23:192 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    28 Dec '18 11:112 edits
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    "The sneering troll ShallowBlue prefers to hurl insults rather than admit that he's wrong."
    - Duchess64

The robotic ogress Duchess64 chooses provocation over argumentation for lack of ability and creativity.
    Witness her application of a limited few offensive adjectives: She applies them to disagreeing members reflexively.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Dec '18 18:46
    @nomorechess said
    By far the funniest post I've seen here at this site.
    LOL...Just hang around for awhile!!! πŸ˜‰

You think you seen the funniest and something even more funny is bound to show up. πŸ˜‰

-VR
  6. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Jan '19 04:281 edit
    @shallow-blue said
    Don't assume that what Google calls "the" formal definition is the only one, or even necessarily correct.

In any case, even for those definitions which do assume intelligence, IQ is a red herring. IQ doesn't measure intelligence at all, only something related but not the same. There is some correlation, but not even remotely as strong a one as those tw#@s at Mensa would like to pretend.
    Quentin Tarantino is a genius; Michael Bay is not. Both directors are very talented, smart who make great movies. The difference is creativity.
  7. Standard memberpawnpaw
    Please Pay Attention
    Lethabong
    Moves
    16 Jan '19 14:55
    @lemon-lime said
    If you pay big bucks for some genius pills but discover they are only tic tacs, there's a very good chance you will become smarter.
    I prefer Smarties πŸ™‚
  8. Albion
    Moves
    17 Jan '19 10:50
    Couldn't get the wrapper off the suppository πŸ™‚
  9. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    17 Jan '19 11:17
    @entropysail said
    Couldn't get the wrapper off the suppository πŸ™‚
    So I suppose it's safe to say "you passed"? πŸ˜€
  10. Albion
    Moves
    17 Jan '19 12:012 edits
    @WOLFE63

Yup. Ate it with the wrapper on instead. But it didn't emerge the other end...
  11. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    30 Jan '19 21:57
    Once upon a time I learned that I.Q. tests weren't a measure of intelligence, but the measure of the rate of ones ability to learn.

I don't know how true that is. I've taken several I.Q. tests and scored consistently at around 120, yet I'm a slow learner for sure.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Jan '19 00:391 edit
    @secondson said
    Once upon a time I learned that I.Q. tests weren't a measure of intelligence, but the measure of the rate of ones ability to learn.

I don't know how true that is. I've taken several I.Q. tests and scored consistently at around 120, yet I'm a slow learner for sure.
    That's why they won't let you into MensaπŸ˜‰
    Seriously, if you want to learn something it doesn't much matter if it takes you two weeks or two years. If you are diligent about it, you will eventually learn. Look at me, I played guitar for decades and only in the last 5 years able to write new tunes (acoustic folk music) I also had incredible teachers and learned some stuff but one of them, Rev. Gary Davis, taught me his tune Candy Man ( not the popular one a few decades back) and I played it for decades and just finally realized why I was playing it wrong. Took a long time but now I know how to play it. Now I have near 80 tracks on Soundcloud, more than half originals and I have no idea why I am just now getting creative on guitar and mandolin.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree