First love child of human, Neanderthal believed found

First love child of human, Neanderthal believed found

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w
misanthrope

seclusion

Moves
28 Mar 13

http://science.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/28/17502859-first-love-child-of-human-neanderthal-believed-found?lite

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Mar 13

Originally posted by woodypusher
http://science.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/28/17502859-first-love-child-of-human-neanderthal-believed-found?lite
Don't believe this nonsense.

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
28 Mar 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
Don't believe this nonsense.
Show me some evidence that it is wrong then.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Mar 13

Originally posted by Kepler
Show me some evidence that it is wrong then.
I have not even seen evidence they are right. They always claim things at the drop of a hat.

K

Germany

Moves
29 Mar 13

I have not even seen evidence they are right. They always claim things at the drop of a hat.
Yeah, I wouldn't trust people who make baseless claims.

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
29 Mar 13

I wasn't asking whether or not you have seen any evidence that it is correct. If you know it is wrong, as you claim, you should be able to show some evidence for that.

Z

Moves
29 Mar 13

Originally posted by woodypusher
it wasn't love, the neanderthal wanted the sapiens sapiens' awesome cave mansion. and numerous mammoths

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
29 Mar 13

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
it wasn't love, the neanderthal wanted the sapiens sapiens' awesome cave mansion. and numerous mammoths
How dare you refer to our women as mammoths!

e

Moves
29 Mar 13

I shudder to think what they got up to! I heard that when they make documentarys on chimpanzees , about half the footage is too rude for tv.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Mar 13

I wasn't asking whether or not you have seen any evidence that it is correct. If you know it is wrong, as you claim, you should be able to show some evidence for that.
All I am trying to do is point out that it is all speculation. I could also speculate that these Neanderthals were people that are called the Nephilim in Genesis 6:1-5. However, that does not make it true, anymore than any other speculation about the Neanderthals makes that speculation true.

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
29 Mar 13

All I am trying to do is point out that it is all speculation. I could also speculate that these Neanderthals were people that are called the Nephilim in Genesis 6:1-5. However, that does not make it true, anymore than any other speculation about the Neanderthals makes that speculation true.
Things based on evidence are not speculation. On that basis, your suggestion that it is wrong is speculation. The notion that neanderthals and modern humans interbred is based on evidence, controversial and somewhat flimsy evidence but still evidence.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Mar 13

Things based on evidence are not speculation. On that basis, your suggestion that it is wrong is speculation. The notion that neanderthals and modern humans interbred is based on evidence, controversial and somewhat flimsy evidence but still evidence.
How is it that the bones of humans are evidence of Neanderthals rather than the Nephilim of Genesis 6:1-5 or any other race of people? Speculation? Certainly not fact for how do we know there was such a race of people called Neanderthals? Wasn't that just a made-up name? I think so. 😏

Australia

Moves
30 Mar 13

Certainly not fact for how do we know there was such a race of people called Neanderthals? Wasn't that just a made-up name? I think so. 😏
How do we know there was such a race of people called Nephilim? Wasn't that just a made-up name? I think so.

Creationist claptrap has no place in the Science Forum, I seriously wish you'd stay away.