Evolution of the evolution threads...

Evolution of the evolution threads...

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Oct 08

Originally posted by Eladar
I guess you are correct. I'll accept certain evidences and I will not accept others. One is based on knowing the facts, the other is guessing.

I know you don't see the difference between the two, but that's because you've eaten the cheese.
Fortunately the world doesn't need your acceptance, big things are happening because of new evidence of evolution, DNA analysis of human migrations, new treatments coming online for Alzhiemers, Lupus, Cancer, and such, all based on advances in DNA research, stem cells now made from testicle cells not embryos and such, avoiding all the right wing critics and their moral objections. All this will happen with or without your approval so you are just a curmudgeon observer not in tune with the real world, only a faith in that 2000 year old scam, which is still skimming from the top and being bottom feeders, will have a long future.

E

Moves
14 Oct 08

Fortunately the world doesn't need your acceptance

That goes both ways.

big things are happening because of new evidence of evolution, DNA analysis of human migrations

DNA analysis is an evidence of evolution? According to the Bible, the world was populated through human migrations.

, new treatments coming online for Alzhiemers, Lupus, Cancer, and such, all based on advances in DNA research

Once again, I question how DNA research is equal to evolution? True, DNA research can be used to in evolution research, but DNA research is not limited to evolution.

stem cells now made from testicle cells not embryos and such, avoiding all the right wing critics and their moral objections.

It is true that some of us have a problem with the killing of innocent human life.

All this will happen with or without your approval so you

All of this will happen without evolutionary science.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Oct 08

Originally posted by Eladar
[b]Fortunately the world doesn't need your acceptance

That goes both ways.

big things are happening because of new evidence of evolution, DNA analysis of human migrations

DNA analysis is an evidence of evolution? According to the Bible, the world was populated through human migrations.

, new treatments coming online for Alzhiemer ...[text shortened]... h or without your approval so you

All of this will happen without evolutionary science.[/b]
Where did you get the idea they would kill babies to cull stem cells? That is downright disgusting. They cull stem cells from PLACENTA's, no baby dies because of it. You are so full of yourself you can't see the trees for the forest.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Oct 08

Originally posted by convect
Actually there's been a substantial amount of work done on how the appearence of design came to be. A simple survey course on the topic covers this. www.talkorigins.org also has a very good discussion on this. No one is ignoring anything, and no designer is necessary to explain this. Indeed, it was this very discussion that made me into a strong atheist. ...[text shortened]... ? You've already decided what the truth is, and will fit everything around that truth.
So you can talk to this with some authority/knowledge, or you just buy
into what your told?
Kelly

F

Moves
14 Oct 08

Originally posted by KellyJay
into what your told?
Kelly
Seems to be a discription of yourself, KJ.
You believe what your authoroties tells you to believe. What scientists tell you don't beleive by default, without any thinking at all.

Why do you want to discuss in Science Forum, KJ? This is not the place for you, Spiritual Forum is.

c

Moves
14 Oct 08

into what your told?
Kelly
Are you asking am I a biologist? Have I done work in the field? No. In fact, there's so many lines of evidence converging to support evolutionary theory that no one could possibly by themselves verify them all.

No, just like you, I go with what other people say. I read a bunch of stuff from the ID people, and the young earth creationists (who, oddly enough, I think make a better stab at doing science than the ID people!) and from biologists and geologists, and sorted through it all. (To do this honestly, I had to do my best to refrain from making assumptions about the existence or nonexistence of God or gods--which was tricky, since at the time I started the project, I more or less believed in some sort of designing intelligence.)

Now, you can tear down evolution all you like, but that does not advance your ideas at all. If you really want to demonstrate to me, to the scientific communities, and to those who follow along with scientific research and more or less accept it, that your Design Conjecture has any merit, well, I told you what to do a few posts ago. Go into molecular biology (yes, you'll have to take classes on evolution--but don't worry, if this project works, you'll prove it wrong!) and show that everything biologists now think of as evolutionary precursors is in fact a degraded form of an older, more perfect, irreducibly complex system. Or do what you can to make that an active research project.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Oct 08

Are you asking am I a biologist? Have I done work in the field? No. In fact, there's so many lines of evidence converging to support evolutionary theory that no one could possibly by themselves verify them all.

No, just like you, I go with what other people say. I read a bunch of stuff from the ID people, and the young earth creationists (who, oddly e ...[text shortened]... ct, irreducibly complex system. Or do what you can to make that an active research project.
Before I start I'll just say I agree with you on ID and creation, I do
believe; however, like ID many evolutionist have some of the same
issues ID people have. They have a core belief about the beginning
and they set out to prove it at every turn, which is what I think ID
people do too. I call myself a creationist, not an ID person.
Kelly

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Oct 08

Kelly
You keep calling it a belief when in fact it's a dynamic scientific endeavor.
Your belief cannot change since you are inculcated with the dogma brought on by your 'conversion'. I might point out that you perceived the change in your life to religion but that was the road your emotions took you on. You could have changed just as dramatically and with much less mental baggage from simply a change in city or attending pertinent meetings, whatever you perceived to be your major life threatening issue. Life issues are regularly solved by non-religious means but once the religious folks have their hooks in you they of course will foment a feeling of fellowship and such so you confuse fellowship with your internal state. It could have happened just as easily as meeting a girl at a skate rink or going to an astronomy club meeting. The fact you attribute your salvation to religion is just your rationalization of the road you took, which leaves you with a terrible cost: Your independent mind.

c

Moves
15 Oct 08

Kelly
I have no core belief about the beginning that I am trying to prove. I have no idea where it all comes from. Well, some ideas. But no core belief.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Oct 08

I have no core belief about the beginning that I am trying to prove. I have no idea where it all comes from. Well, some ideas. But no core belief.
You have core beliefs, you use those to judge all other points that are
under discussion.
Kelly

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
20 Oct 08

You have core beliefs, you use those to judge all other points that are
under discussion.
Kelly
You continue to belittle the works of scientists, calling their results 'beliefs'. Beliefs such as you poor demented folk hold can never change for to change means going against your ancient scam.
The 'beliefs' of scientists are not written in stone and are therefore 'working knowledge' which can change daily as I have repeatedly stated. This is in no way a belief system unlike your ancient twice plagerized myth. There can be no change in that because if it changed the whole scam would come apart.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Oct 08

Originally posted by sonhouse
You continue to belittle the works of scientists, calling their results 'beliefs'. Beliefs such as you poor demented folk hold can never change for to change means going against your ancient scam.
The 'beliefs' of scientists are not written in stone and are therefore 'working knowledge' which can change daily as I have repeatedly stated. This is in no way ...[text shortened]... yth. There can be no change in that because if it changed the whole scam would come apart.
No I don't, you continue to make out scientist to be something other
than just people walking through this life like any other.
Kelly

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
20 Oct 08

No I don't, you continue to make out scientist to be something other
than just people walking through this life like any other.
Kelly
Now you belittle their education and extraordinary intellectual gifts. You would suggest Einstein, Marie Curie, Edison, Newton as "People just walking through life like any other"? Sure, they are born, they get married or not, get diseases or not, are crazy or not, and all die,but they leave their mark on civilization for hundreds of years and millions of people. I would say that is not just walking through life like any other. You just shifted the belittlement to another area.

P

weedhopper

Moves
20 Oct 08

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Seems to be a discription of yourself, KJ.
You believe what your authoroties tells you to believe. What scientists tell you don't beleive by default, without any thinking at all.

Why do you want to discuss in Science Forum, KJ? This is not the place for you, Spiritual Forum is.
Last time I checked, I had freedom to express myself (as does KJ), and I don't believe we have to conform to a specific categorization to do so. In short, KJ--you keep posting in answer to questions anywhere you bloody feel like it. I know I will. And ya know what? I don't care WHAT forum I'm in. 😛

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
20 Oct 08

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
Last time I checked, I had freedom to express myself (as does KJ), and I don't believe we have to conform to a specific categorization to do so. In short, KJ--you keep posting in answer to questions anywhere you bloody feel like it. I know I will. And ya know what? I don't care WHAT forum I'm in. 😛
So you are either forum or 'aginum.