Did the universe have a beginning?

Did the universe have a beginning?

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
15 Aug 09

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
I'm quite sure it wasn't the truth that frightened Robbie.
What was it?

P

weedhopper

Moves
15 Aug 09

Originally posted by Proper Knob
What was it?
Lack of civility, tact, courtesy, respect for others...you know, the things that separfate us from the lower life forms.

jb

Moves
16 Aug 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
any comments most welcome , please.
The numbers don't add up to me robbie. Check out the Universe time and distance thread. I am very ignorant of this issue though. It is hard for people to understand something having no begining and no end but that may be because everything we experience on this planet in our lives has a beginning and end.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
16 Aug 09

Lack of civility, tact, courtesy, respect for others...you know, the things that separfate us from the lower life forms.
Looking at some of Robbie's posts recently, i doubt that was the reason. He gives as good as he gets, if not more so.

Lower life forms?

P

weedhopper

Moves
16 Aug 09

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Looking at some of Robbie's posts recently, i doubt that was the reason. He gives as good as he gets, if not more so.

Lower life forms?
Having perused the posts, I don't come to the same conclusion that you do. Granted, my count could be off.

Indeed. Lower life forms lack the ability to use courtesy, tact, and take into account others' feelings when making a decision (aka empathy).

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
17 Aug 09

Having perused the posts, I don't come to the same conclusion that you do. Granted, my count could be off.

Indeed. Lower life forms lack the ability to use courtesy, tact, and take into account others' feelings when making a decision (aka empathy).
Meanwhile, back at the Universe......