Can creationists make good scientists?

Can creationists make good scientists?

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Mar 13
2 edits

Originally posted by e4chris
I guess many of you will say no.

But to me the skeptisim they have of theories like evolution is healthy, dare i say it almost scientific, almost, a prove me wrong attitude can be good in science.

It says in a brief history of time that the universe sits on top of four turtles, so i think there is room for creationist ideas in science, you would have a hard time proving them but trying is healthy i think.

Anyway, your thoughts?
He stretches out the north over empty space;
He hangs the earth on nothing.
(Job 26:7 NKJV)

It is He who sits above the circle of the earth,
And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers,
Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain,
And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.
(Isaiah 40:22 NKJV)

The above was in the Holy Bible when the pagan leaders of the Roman Catholic Church were trying to keep it from the common people. The priest Martin Luthur spoke out and then began translating the Holy Bible and making copies so the common people could read it.

e

Moves
27 Mar 13
6 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds
He stretches out the north over empty space;
He hangs the earth on nothing.
(Job 26:7 NKJV)

It is He who sits above the circle of the earth,
And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers,
Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain,
And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.
(Isaiah 40:22 NKJV)

The above was in the Holy Bible when the pagan leade ...[text shortened]... and then began translating the Holy Bible and making copies so the common people could read it.
I think there are some on these forums who like to think the bible is a fairy tale, but its all based on real people King Solomon was real. And if you look at all the religions pagans , yazidi, hindus its far more rational, extreemly rational for the time, the christian god is about as pure an idea as you can have, not far from a scientists notion of truth. and it manifests in its people - even if your an atheist you can see it do that to some extent.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Mar 13
1 edit

I think there are some on these forums who like to think the bible is a fairy tale, but its all based on real people King Solomon was real. And if you look at all the religions pagans , yazidi, hindus its far more rational, extreemly rational for the time, the christian god is about as pure an idea as you can have, not far from a scientists notion of truth. and it manifests in its people - even if your an atheist you can see it do that to some extent.
It also tells of the faults of the heros too, except for Jesus the Christ, unless you consider cursing the fig tree, calling the Pharisees names, and getting angry and driving the money changers out of the temple as faults. Perhaps some would also consider letting himself get crucified as being a fault too, even though He raised Himself up after 3 days and nights as he had prophesied.

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
27 Mar 13

King Solomon was real? What primary source (not the bible, that's at best a poor secondary source) do we have for King Solomon?

e

Moves
27 Mar 13
2 edits

Originally posted by Kepler
King Solomon was real? What primary source (not the bible, that's at best a poor secondary source) do we have for King Solomon?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solomon

he has a wiki article if that will do - 970 bc and appears in muslim texts too. I didn't know til reading a bit of the Old testament that Solomon wrote a few of the chapters - 'do not rest or poverty will stalk you like a wild dog' - I quote from my bed 🙂

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Mar 13

King Solomon's Wall Found—Proof of Bible Tale?

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/02/100226-king-solomon-wall-jerusalem-bible/

Cape Town

Moves
27 Mar 13

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solomon

he has a wiki article if that will do - 970 bc and appears in muslim texts too. I didn't know til reading a bit of the Old testament that Solomon wrote a few of the chapters - 'do not rest or poverty will stalk you like a wild dog' - I quote from my bed 🙂
He asked for primary sources and you quote Wikipedia and Muslims? Do you know what 'primary source' means?

And by the way, the Wiki page you pointed us to says:
[quote]Historical evidence of King Solomon other than the biblical accounts is minimal.[/b]

e

Moves
27 Mar 13
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
He asked for primary sources and you quote Wikipedia and Muslims? Do you know what 'primary source' means?

And by the way, the Wiki page you pointed us to says:
[quote]Historical evidence of King Solomon other than the biblical accounts is minimal.
[/b]
He's real as a carbon date - you can read what he wrote in the bible. Theres also King Nebuchadnezzar_II he was real to my knowledge quite a few accounts and a big character in the bible . I really don't think they made these people up - there's an element of chinese wispers with some of there stories but they are not made up.

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
27 Mar 13

He's real as a carbon date - you can read what he wrote in the bible. Theres also King Nebuchadnezzar_II he was real to my knowledge quite a few accounts and a big character in the bible . I really don't think they made these people up - there's an element of chinese wispers with some of there stories but they are not made up.
You got anything of Solomon's we can apply carbon dating to? To be honest, carbon dating is a byproduct of a good proxy for solar activity. That's why it isn't really that hot for dating except when calibrated against other dating methods. So he's as real as a dodgy dating method.

Nebuchadnezzar being a real historical person says nothing about the reality of Solomon. Unless you are about to claim they were contemporaries?

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
27 Mar 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
King Solomon's Wall Found—Proof of Bible Tale?

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/02/100226-king-solomon-wall-jerusalem-bible/
The page you requested cannot be found.
It may have moved or may no longer be available.

A page that doesn't exist isn't particularly good evidence of anything other than a cock up.

Anything to say this alleged wall actually has anything to do with a Solomon? Or even the biblical Solomon?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Mar 13

The page you requested cannot be found.
It may have moved or may no longer be available.

A page that doesn't exist isn't particularly good evidence of anything other than a cock up.

Anything to say this alleged wall actually has anything to do with a Solomon? Or even the biblical Solomon?
I just went to it, so it does exist. Use google and copy and past the link into the google search. If you don't get it, then something must have went wrong with your search engine. You can also search for information on King David, who was the father of Solomon.

Cape Town

Moves
27 Mar 13

He's real as a carbon date - you can read what he wrote in the bible.
This is getting hilarious. A great demonstration of why creationists would make terrible scientists.

OK, so to summarize what you have said:
The people mentioned in Biblical stories really existed because ....wait for it ..... they are mentioned in Biblical stories!

I really don't think they made these people up - there's an element of chinese wispers with some of there stories but they are not made up.
I don't think every one of them was made up either, but a lot of them were.

e

Moves
27 Mar 13
1 edit

This is getting hilarious. A great demonstration of why creationists would make terrible scientists.

The people mentioned in Biblical stories really existed because ....wait for it ..... they are mentioned in Biblical stories!

[b]I really don't think they made these people up - there's an element of chinese w ...[text shortened]... not made up.

I don't think every one of them was made up either, but a lot of them were.[/b]
No No No

Other than genesis the old testament is basically historical fact (+periodic 'vengance of god' moments) If you read about sumeria on wikipedia you are basically reading the bible but from an inferiour source! If you read any ancient history from that part of the world - except the greeks you are basically reading the old testament in a 'secular' book .

Cape Town

Moves
27 Mar 13

No No No.
So you claim, and so would any creationist worth his salt, but a scientist would say "Lets not make our judgement based on religion, but based on the evidence.".

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Mar 13

[b]I really don't think they made these people up - there's an element of chinese w ...[text shortened]... not made up.

I don't think every one of them was made up either, but a lot of them were.[/b]
Luke 2:1 mentions Caesar Augustus. Do you believe he did not exist because he was mentioned in the Holy Bible?