Astronomy picture of the day

Astronomy picture of the day

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZN

Stockholm

Moves
29 Apr 08

Just thought I'd share one of my favourite destinations on the Internet. Amazing pictures and links to all kinds of interesting articles and stuff:

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/archivepix.html

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
29 Apr 08

Originally posted by Zipdrive Nightmare
Just thought I'd share one of my favourite destinations on the Internet. Amazing pictures and links to all kinds of interesting articles and stuff:

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/archivepix.html
ditto with that. I posted about that 4 years ago!

ZN

Stockholm

Moves
29 Apr 08

Originally posted by sonhouse
ditto with that. I posted about that 4 years ago!
Sorry, I didn't read that thread 😉

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
01 May 08

Originally posted by Zipdrive Nightmare
Sorry, I didn't read that thread 😉
I think some threads are worth repeating. I look at APOD every day without fail. I just made one my background, two humungus galaxies in the process of colliding, I love those kind of images. They are seen face on like two buzzsaws clashing. Amazing stuff! I love the latest one of Eta Carina, they keep extracting more detail out of it. I downloaded one image of it about 4 years ago and even I got more detail out of it than the raw image because it came with image enhancement software and I saw it was a lot more extended than the original images showed. Now though, they add IR and UV and visible light and merge them to make one incredibly detailed new look at it. I downloaded that one to my wife's desktop.

p
Patricia

Moves
01 May 08

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of the little man in the diving helmet. I watched Sea-Beams glitter in the dark near the bubble-action pirate chest. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in an aquarium. Time to fry.
Parricia

R

Moves
01 May 08

Originally posted by patauro
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of the little man in the diving helmet. I watched Sea-Beams glitter in the dark near the bubble-action pirate chest. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in an aquarium. Time to fry.
Parricia
I didn't recognize the quote.

p
Patricia

Moves
01 May 08

oh, it wasn't a quote, it is a semi-quasi-pseudo- plagiarism, of a previous post. From the movie, Blade Runner.