Anthropogenic global warming myth

Anthropogenic global warming myth

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
28 Sep 17

Originally posted by @metal-brain
You most certainly did not.
You are simply trying to avoid answering the question, something you dishonestly accused me of doing. You are a hypocrite!
Please present statistics. That's all I am asking.

MB

Moves
28 Sep 17

Originally posted by @wildgrass
Please present statistics. That's all I am asking.
Stop trying to change the subject.

I asked you straight forward questions and you are trying to digress in a feeble attempt to avoid answering my questions. One of those questions is the same question you asked me once. Now that you realize it is not an easy question to answer you want to apply a double standard and bypass the same criticism you gave me without merit.

You are a hypocrite!

w

Moves
28 Sep 17

Stop trying to change the subject.

I asked you straight forward questions and you are trying to digress in a feeble attempt to avoid answering my questions. One of those questions is the same question you asked me once. Now that you realize it is not an easy question to answer you want to apply a double standard and bypass the same criticism you gave me without merit.

You are a hypocrite!
Reasonable accuracy = no statistically significant difference between observed and modeled.

Unreasonable accuracy = statistically significant difference between observed and modeled.

Answers to questions don't get any more straightforward than that.

MB

Moves
28 Sep 17

That is your delusion. 67% and 65% consensus was demonstrated in the datasets you presented. You have claimed some level of either "they weren't ALL scientists" or "they didn't ALL respond" but really you are just splitting hairs. Two different datasets with the same conclusion, no datasets with a different conclusion. Objectively speaking, this is non-mythical data.
Over two thirds of the people sent the poll did not answer. That omits people who are likely to be indifferent to it. That makes the poll flawed.

If you are going to maintain that omitting indifference is a fair poll you are fooling yourself. If the poll were done by phone until all the results came in I would accept it as fair. Omitting people who are likely indifferent to strong opinions is not fair, not even close.
I would ask you to cite a different poll, but this one is probably the only one that you can cite. That is because there are no fair polls to point to for you. That is your problem!

MB

Moves
28 Sep 17

Reasonable accuracy = no statistically significant difference between observed and modeled.

Unreasonable accuracy = statistically significant difference between observed and modeled.

Answers to questions don't get any more straightforward than that.
I told you I didn't want a definition from a dictionary. I asked you for your personal opinion of how much difference is acceptable and how much is not. You asked me the exact same question once. When I was reluctant to make a specific percentage of difference you blasted me for not answering it. Then predictably, humy joined in hoping for a pile on.
All I am asking is for you to either answer my question honestly or admit you were unfair to me for expecting the same thing since you will not give me an answer either. You can do that, but will you? If you insist on holding me to a double standard you will have fully earned the title of hypocrite. It is up to you.

w

Moves
28 Sep 17

I told you I didn't want a definition from a dictionary. I asked you for your personal opinion of how much difference is acceptable and how much is not. You asked me the exact same question once. When I was reluctant to make a specific percentage of difference you blasted me for not answering it. Then predictably, humy joined in hoping for a pile on.
A ...[text shortened]... ding me to a double standard you will have fully earned the title of hypocrite. It is up to you.
Do you know what statistics are?

MB

Moves
28 Sep 17

Do you know what statistics are?
Can you define significant?

Your digression tactics will not work with me. Give it up.

w

Moves
28 Sep 17

Can you define significant?

Your digression tactics will not work with me. Give it up.
You presented data but no statistics and proclaimed "look, see, big differences" without ever actually explaining what you're talking about or why you said it. Many observers of the data would say it seems reasonable that a computer model in the 80's that predicted climate change would be off by a few hundredths of a degree.

The claim that climate models systematically overestimate global warming is wrong. There aren't any significant (or big) differences/deviations without statistics. Are you expecting perfect concordance?

w

Moves
28 Sep 17

Over two thirds of the people sent the poll did not answer. That omits people who are likely to be indifferent to it. That makes the poll flawed.

If you are going to maintain that omitting indifference is a fair poll you are fooling yourself. If the poll were done by phone until all the results came in I would accept it as fair. Omitting people who a ...[text shortened]... you can cite. That is because there are no fair polls to point to for you. That is your problem!
All polls are a myth? After all this, that's the argument you're going with?

Show me the data that shows that the data you presented earlier is a myth. Otherwise I'll go with what you already presented.

MB

Moves
28 Sep 17

You presented data but no statistics and proclaimed "look, see, big differences" without ever actually explaining what you're talking about or why you said it. Many observers of the data would say it seems reasonable that a computer model in the 80's that predicted climate change would be off by a few hundredths of a degree.

The claim that climate mode ...[text shortened]... icant (or big) differences/deviations without statistics. Are you expecting perfect concordance?
"The claim that climate models systematically overestimate global warming is wrong. There aren't any significant (or big) differences/deviations without statistics."

I posted 3 links and you only addressed one of them. Since you are ignoring two thirds of my sources of information you can surely prove your assertion, right?

I insist that you prove your claim if you are going to cherry pick on a regular basis. I'm growing tired of your double standards and digression tactics.

MB

Moves
28 Sep 17

All polls are a myth? After all this, that's the argument you're going with?

Show me the data that shows that the data you presented earlier is a myth. Otherwise I'll go with what you already presented.
I never said all polls are a myth. You are resorting to lies again. Just because I have you on the ropes (so to speak) you have no excuse for such blatant lying. You are not fooling anyone on here.

w

Moves
28 Sep 17

"The claim that climate models systematically overestimate global warming is wrong. There aren't any significant (or big) differences/deviations without statistics."

I posted 3 links and you only addressed one of them. Since you are ignoring two thirds of my sources of information you can surely prove your assertion, right?

I insist that you prov ...[text shortened]... erry pick on a regular basis. I'm growing tired of your double standards and digression tactics.
I haven't looked at the others since we haven't addressed the first one yet. The details matter. What are you trying to say? Why does Dr. Spencer's data prove your point? Use statistics.

w

Moves
28 Sep 17

I never said all polls are a myth. You are resorting to lies again. Just because I have you on the ropes (so to speak) you have no excuse for such blatant lying. You are not fooling anyone on here.
Show me a poll, any poll, that meets your standards of "fairness"

MB

Moves
28 Sep 17

I haven't looked at the others since we haven't addressed the first one yet. The details matter. What are you trying to say? Why does Dr. Spencer's data prove your point? Use statistics.
You are avoiding the two other links. You show me statistics to prove your assertion. You can't ignore mine and expect me to accept a double standard. You wouldn't.

MB

Moves
28 Sep 17

Show me a poll, any poll, that meets your standards of "fairness"
I asked you first. Stop the double standards!
You are becoming more and more transparently unfair and everybody can see.