50,000 year old forest found, Gulf of Mexico:

50,000 year old forest found, Gulf of Mexico:

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Jul 13

http://www.livescience.com/37977-underwater-cypress-forest-discovered.html

They dated the trees (preserved for 50,000 years by the low oxygen water) by carbon dating.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
09 Jul 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
http://www.livescience.com/37977-underwater-cypress-forest-discovered.html

They dated the trees (preserved for 50,000 years by the low oxygen water) by carbon dating.
Evidence of the worldwide flood of Noah's time.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Jul 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
Evidence of the worldwide flood of Noah's time.

The Instructor
So Noah's so-called flood happened 50,000 years ago. Interesting.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Jul 13

So Noah's so-called flood happened 50,000 years ago. Interesting.
I believe their timeline is wrong.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Jul 13

I believe their timeline is wrong.

The Instructor
You can believe whatever you want, it doesn't change reality. When you self lobotomize your brain you can't accept change in views, but only hold on desperately to your outmoded delusions.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Jul 13

You can believe whatever you want, it doesn't change reality. When you self lobotomize your brain you can't accept change in views, but only hold on desperately to your outmoded delusions.
I know my belief does not change the beliefs of others. Beliefs do not change the truth either. The truth is that the age of these flooded forrests are not known and the 50,000 years is just a guess to make the discovery seem more dramatic and important.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Jul 13

I know my belief does not change the beliefs of others. Beliefs do not change the truth either. The truth is that the age of these flooded forrests are not known and the 50,000 years is just a guess to make the discovery seem more dramatic and important.

The Instructor
I feel sorry for your brain, unable to process real data. Why don't you just cut the thing out entirely so all you have left is your own religious agenda. No, wait, you already did that, sorry.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Jul 13

I feel sorry for your brain, unable to process real data. Why don't you just cut the thing out entirely so all you have left is your own religious agenda. No, wait, you already did that, sorry.
Like I have said before, you seem to have serious personality or mental problems and should seek professional help soon.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
11 Jul 13

Like I have said before, you seem to have serious personality or mental problems and should seek professional help soon.

The Instructor
I'm not the one who cannot accept scientific evidence. I am not the one who always shouts 'holy holy holy'. You are seriously deluded.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Jul 13

I'm not the one who cannot accept scientific evidence. I am not the one who always shouts 'holy holy holy'. You are seriously deluded.
I guess we have both given our share of insults and I guess we will have to agree to disagree and go on about our business. You are not willing to consider my information and I am well aware of all the information you have presented and see no credibility in it.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
12 Jul 13

I guess we have both given our share of insults and I guess we will have to agree to disagree and go on about our business. You are not willing to consider my information and I am well aware of all the information you have presented and see no credibility in it.

The Instructor
What you have is not information, what you have is dogma. There is no science in dogma, just blind faith. I don't do blind faith. I listen to the evidence. If you did, you might finding yourself casting off your self lobotomy.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Jul 13
1 edit

What you have is not information, what you have is dogma. There is no science in dogma, just blind faith. I don't do blind faith. I listen to the evidence. If you did, you might finding yourself casting off your self lobotomy.
How about the scientific evidence of the Shroud of Turin? That is not blind faith. That is pure science. Ha, ha. Got you on that one. 😏

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Jul 13

How about the scientific evidence of the Shroud of Turin? That is not blind faith. That is pure science. Ha, ha. Got you on that one. 😏

The Instructor
Yes, there is evidence it IS a shroud.

Moves
15 Jul 13

The Instructor
how accurate is carbon dating rj?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 Jul 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
how accurate is carbon dating rj?
Apparently carbon dating is not very accurate, if the wrong assumptions are being made. 😏

The Instructor