1250+ Documentaries

1250+ Documentaries

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
09 Nov 10

This documentary site was a recent find, that looks well organised and functions well. Various science based vids by the look of it.

http://documentaryheaven.com/from-big-bang-to-us-made-easy/

Cheers

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
09 Nov 10

Got to love the top ten most popular..."documentaries". Apollo Zero, Expelled - No Intelligence Allowed, Cannabis - The Evil Weed... Cripes! "Documentaries" have become such a powerful propaganda these days and people just lap it up completely because it's in a documentary form.

By the way, I find Collapse brilliant. They just let this guy ramble and ramble and what starts as reasonably coherent concerns progressively ends up into a "How to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse" amidst tears and emotional anguish. It's funny how many reviews of the film find it "important".

m

Moves
09 Nov 10

Originally posted by Palynka
Got to love the top ten most popular..."documentaries". Apollo Zero, Expelled - No Intelligence Allowed, Cannabis - The Evil Weed... Cripes!
Nice to see Louis Theroux at number 2, though.

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
10 Nov 10

Originally posted by Taoman
This documentary site was a recent find, that looks well organised and functions well. Various science based vids by the look of it.

http://documentaryheaven.com/from-big-bang-to-us-made-easy/

Cheers
Great to watch - but surely belongs on the Spirituality Forum? That's just the place for a quietly reasoned account of Big Bang, the history of the Cosmos, and evolution.

🙄😀

T

Moves
10 Nov 10
1 edit

Originally posted by finnegan
Great to watch - but surely belongs on the Spirituality Forum? That's just the place for a quietly reasoned account of Big Bang, the history of the Cosmos, and evolution.

🙄😀
Yes, I posted it there too. But equally, the below has some validity for discussion on the science forum, due in part to its coming with frequent scientific references.

http://documentaryheaven.com/the-primacy-of-consciousness/
It's by Peter Russell. It starts out a bit dry in presentation, but improves.

T

Moves
10 Nov 10

Originally posted by Palynka
Got to love the top ten most popular..."documentaries". Apollo Zero, Expelled - No Intelligence Allowed, Cannabis - The Evil Weed... Cripes! "Documentaries" have become such a powerful propaganda these days and people just lap it up completely because it's in a documentary form.

By the way, I find Collapse brilliant. They just let this guy ramble and ramb ...[text shortened]... rs and emotional anguish. It's funny how many reviews of the film find it "important".
Yes, oh well, plenty to choose from. You are right about the "documentary" as a form of propaganda sometimes, and swallowed wholeheartedly. Discernment, as ever, required. I see them more often as stimulating to thought. I am a bit of nature freak, so like the informative nature docos.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
10 Nov 10

Originally posted by Taoman
Yes, oh well, plenty to choose from. You are right about the "documentary" as a form of propaganda sometimes, and swallowed wholeheartedly. Discernment, as ever, required. I see them more often as stimulating to thought. I am a bit of nature freak, so like the informative nature docos.
Well said. I appreciate the site, my post was more of a comment on what people are watching and how they form opinions.