10 facts evolutionists don't want you to know

10 facts evolutionists don't want you to know

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
25 Aug 17

Originally posted by @wildgrass
What do you think I think your answer might be?

edit: or just answer the darn question. I asked because I don't know.
just answer the darn question.

"Us old foxes is trap-shy; especially when the bait comes looking for us." - Jed Clampett

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
26 Aug 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @wildgrass
Is that your answer?
Yes, my answer is I think you think that is my answer.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
26 Aug 17

Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
I suggest looking at your malfunctioning response interpretation device instead.
Your default response generator seems to be insane. I suggest rebooting or restoring to factory settings.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
26 Aug 17

IsOriginally posted by @lemon-lime
Your default response generator seems to be insane. I suggest rebooting or restoring to factory settings.
Is that one of the facts evolutionists don't want you to know?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
26 Aug 17
2 edits

Originally posted by @sonhouse
Is that one of the facts evolutionists don't want you to know?
I don't know what evolutionists don't want me to know, I didn't watch the video.

I didn't watch the video because most evolutionists believe what they purportedly know, so there's no reason for them to not tell me what it is they think I don't know. The underlying assumption appears to be that I don't know what they know, so they will tell me what it is they know as though I don't know even after I've shown (illustrated/demonstrated) that I do know... what they know.

The line between speculation and knowing has become so fuzzy and indistinct over the years the actual meaning of 'know' has become irrelevant.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
26 Aug 17

Originally posted by @lemon-lime
I don't know what evolutionists don't want me to know, I didn't watch the video. I didn't watch the video because most evolutionists believe what they purportedly know, so there's no reason for them to [b]not tell me what it is they think I don't know.

The underlying assumption appears to be that I don't know what they know, so they will tell me w ...[text shortened]... so fuzzy and indistinct over the years that the actual meaning of 'know' has become irrelevant.[/b]
So now you don't know if you jump off a cliff you will most likely die?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
26 Aug 17

So now you don't know if you jump off a cliff you will most likely die?
I don't know how to answer that.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
26 Aug 17
4 edits

I don't know what evolutionists don't want me to know, I didn't watch the video.

I didn't watch the video because most evolutionists believe what they purportedly know, so there's no reason for them to [b]not
tell me what it is they think I don't know. The underlying assumption appears to be that I don't know what they know, so they will tell me w ...[text shortened]... ecome so fuzzy and indistinct over the years the actual meaning of 'know' has become irrelevant.[/b]
A good example of what I think evolutionists "don't want me to know" can be found in McDonald supposedly refuting IC. His argument can work if I forget (or don't know) natural selection works to retain benefits and discard harmful/useless bits.
In my humble (and extraordinarily astute) opinion reducing an argument to refuting an illustration (mouse trap) is at best cartoonish. It's ability to persuade relies on ignorance and lack of critical thinking, and only demands you accept or deny it.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
26 Aug 17

A good example of what I think evolutionists "don't want me to know" can be found in McDonald supposedly refuting IC. His argument can work if I forget (or don't know) natural selection works to retain benefits and discard harmful/useless bits.
In my humble (and extraordinarily astute) opinion reducing an argument to refuting an illustration (mouse trap ...[text shortened]... suade relies on ignorance and lack of critical thinking, and only demands you accept or deny it.
The fanboy runs deep in the general populace of sciencedom.
It's much easier to stick with tried-and-true rules--- even if never tried or essentially true--- since opening up to questions can only be super, super messy.
That the mousetrap is even used shows the observer that not only do they think you're stupid, they're willing to bet the farm on it.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
26 Aug 17

Originally posted by @freakykbh
It's much easier to stick with tried-and-true rules--- even if never tried or essentially true--- since opening up to questions can only be super, super messy.
That the mousetrap is even used shows the observer that not only do they think you're stupid, they're willing to bet the farm on it.
I'm assuming McDonald knows the difference between the illustration of an idea and an actual process.

But his demonstration was worse than I imagined. He used an actual moustrap, took it apart and played around with the parts. As he's doing this he explains how those parts can assemble into other features or back into the same mousetrap... and McDonald himself unwittingly plays the part of Intelligent Designer.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
26 Aug 17

I'm assuming McDonald knows the difference between the illustration of an idea and an actual process.

But his demonstration was worse than I imagined. He used an actual moustrap, took it apart and played around with the parts. As he's doing this he explains how those parts can assemble into other features or back into the same mousetrap... and McDonald himself unwittingly plays the part of Intelligent Designer.
Unintelligent designer.

K

Germany

Moves
27 Aug 17

Originally posted by @freakykbh
How many people in the general populace of sciencedom have you ever met?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
27 Aug 17
4 edits

I don't know how to answer that.
You said 'the actual meaning of 'know' has become irrelevant' I was just pointing out situations where the word Know was definitely NOT irrelevant.

You ABSOLUTELY know not to jump off a cliff unless you are in fact committing suicide and for this thought experiment, those actively committing suicide *Knows* full well what is going to happen to them when they jump off that cliff or bridge or top of a building.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
27 Aug 17

Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
How many people in the general populace of sciencedom have you ever met?
Taking a survey?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
27 Aug 17
1 edit

You said 'the actual meaning of 'know' has become irrelevant' I was just pointing out situations where the word Know was definitely NOT irrelevant.

You ABSOLUTELY know not to jump off a cliff unless you are in fact committing suicide and for this thought experiment, those actively committing suicide *Knows* full well what is going to happen to them when they jump off that cliff or bridge or top of a building.
You ABSOLUTELY know not to jump off a cliff unless you are in fact committing suicide

No, I do not ABSOLUTELY know this.
I do not possess absolute knowledge, and neither do you.