The odd one out

The odd one out

Posers and Puzzles

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JP

R.I.P.

Moves
23 Oct 03

Harry Stotle, teacher of classics was meeting his new class for their first latin lesson.
The students in the class were called Isabelle, Vanessa, Xavier, Lyndsay, James, Colin, David & Melissa
After they had introduced themselves, Harry said that James was the odd one out. why ?

Moves
23 Oct 03

Originally posted by Jay Peatea
Harry Stotle, teacher of classics was meeting his new class for their first latin lesson.
The students in the class were called Isabelle, Vanessa, Xavier, Lyndsay, James, Colin, David & Melissa
After they had introduced themselves, Harry said that James was the odd one out. why ?

My wife Steph reckons it's because James is the only 1 syllable name.

M

Destruction Ave.

Moves
24 Oct 03
2 edits

Amiaca
James is the odd one out because he is an American and the others are not.?

PS: Just a guess

JP

R.I.P.

Moves
24 Oct 03

Good tries but both wrong.

k

San Francisco

Moves
24 Oct 03

Melissa...all the other names have a word formed by consecutive letters within the name...i.e., JAMes, lindSAY, dAVID, etc

JP

R.I.P.

Moves
25 Oct 03

Originally posted by kaushpaul
Melissa...all the other names have a word formed by consecutive letters within the name...i.e., JAMes, lindSAY, dAVID, etc
nope keep trying

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
25 Oct 03

Hmmmm.......teacher of classics... is that James has the only English/Royal house/French house etc and all the other names are those of commoners?

T
Kupikupopo!

Out of my mind

Moves
25 Oct 03

It's been 6 years since i had Latin...but i don't recall Latin using the letter J...so that's maybe why James is the odd one out...

JP

R.I.P.

Moves
25 Oct 03

Originally posted by TheMaster37
It's been 6 years since i had Latin...but i don't recall Latin using the letter J...so that's maybe why James is the odd one out...
Well done again you are one smart cookie, but note you'll never beat the doctor............. (cue Dr Who sound track)😀

N

Moves
26 Oct 03

All of their names start with a letter that stands for a number in Latin!
I=1, V=5, X=10, L=50, C=100, D=500, M=1000. J is not a number as far as I know.

Nice one! 🙂

Nuathala.