22 Aug '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 13:37
    Meow
  3. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 17:311 edit
    Ah, banana friend is coming along, still owe him a finger.

Take to the trees and move into the woods cautiously a bit ahead of banana king, sniffing for danger
  4. Standard membermegamaster
    Xelenal of Epaland
    Epaladian Sea
    Moves
    20 Jul '11 12:39
    Originally posted by VelvetEars
    Meow
    Meow Meow
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    22 Jul '11 05:00
    Back at the hilly three way passage everyone arrived in, megamaster (represented here by the white Bishop), who had fallen asleep, wakes up at the sound of a mysterious "meow". He responds by meowing back twice, and then notices tomtom232 (represented here by the white Knight), who has conjured up a Spirit of Choice (white Pawn), which he sends northward up into the rocky, hilly region from where the strong male voices are chanting rhythmically.

*(Please note that there are only 16 chess pieces so I will have to reuse them, pay attention to explanatory text)

6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    22 Jul '11 05:25
    In the jungle, Banana King, dancing, begins to sing to the Banana Trees, and they respond. He can hear them calling seductively, "Come, our King, and feast on our gifts to you, and spread our seeds far and wide! Come here, we have so much to share with you!" The whole area is flooded with the scent of bananas as a gentle breeze blows the scent from the trees to the shaman. Banana King knows he is at home here.

Meanwhile, iamatiger moves into the woods, sniffing for danger. The smell of bananas is powerful, but mixed with it are scents he knows well...the scent of a man, and the scents of goblins!

In the following map, Banana King is the white King; iamatiger is the white Queen; black Bishops are trees and underbrush; the black King is a man that smells a lot like Banana King, the black Knights are goblins, black Rooks are rocks and cliffs, black Queens are seductive banana trees loaded with fruit, the other pieces are unknown.

7. Joined
    22 Aug '08
    Moves
    22 Jul '11 12:02
    I Emerge from a cave in the rocky cliffs battered and bruised.
    I'm an elven traveller a long way from home and quite lost with a notable set of ears as soft as the softest velvet.

I greet megamaster after he replies to my traditional greeting. But keep an untrusting eye on tomtom232.
  8. Joined
    24 Jan '09
    Moves
    22 Jul '11 15:59
    go toward trees
  9. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    24 Jul '11 21:40
    Stay hidden in the trees, a square or two from banana king, in case the goblins attack him.
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    26 Jul '11 00:02
    In this diagram, megamaster is now represented by the white Rook. VelvetEars is now the white Bishop, as she climbs out of a small cave, battered, bruised, and looking lost, with fuzzy ears like a cat or bunny or something.

The Spirit of Choice continues north.

The Spirit of Choice returns and speaks. "I have gone North and I have seen what is to be seen. If you go North, tomtom232, you will likely choose between retreat, battle, stealth and negotiation. These will be your most likely choices if you go North. *poof*

11. Joined
    24 Jan '09
    Moves
    26 Jul '11 12:47
    going toward trees
  12. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    27 Jul '11 04:46
    My conjured spirit dispersed as I leave my meditative state and travel towards the chanting.
  13. Joined
    22 Aug '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '11 08:27
    After prodding megamaster with a stick and getting no response, I assume he's fallen back asleep and decide to follow tomtom232 towards the chanting after overhearing his Spirit of Choice.
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    29 Jul '11 21:43

Banana King enters the forest just as the five goblins (black knights) line up at the edge of the trees. The man (black king) shifts his position in the trees to get a better view, and then calls out,

"Banana King, I know your reputation. This is my jungle, and you are welcome to stay with my goblins and I. I am the Goblin King, and they do my bidding.

Does that tiger belong to you? I will have no competition in my domain for meat. Why is he here? Shall I set my Goblins upon him?

Come with me and have some fruit. The trees are excited to know you are near. But be warned, do not steal from me. These are my trees and my bananas. You may have some, but only as much as I allow. Is that understood?

Now, come here and get some fruit and chat with me. If the tiger is not yours I will have my Goblins run him off."
  15. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    29 Jul '11 22:451 edit
    Growl at the pesky goblins from a tree, eager to protect banana king but nervous the old crone might try to take over again if there is a big fight.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree