rubiks cube

rubiks cube

Posers and Puzzles

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
09 Mar 06

When the Rubik's Clock was released it was said to be harder than the Cube. I didn't think so though. Worked it out completely within a few hours and from then on could solve it within a minute (well, until it kept jamming. 😕)

r

Moves
09 Mar 06

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
Took me about 2 months of practice and reading about the techniques before I could get below 2 minutes most of the time. After that it became boring and I haven't touched one in a few years.
it took you 2 months?😕 it took me about 9 hours(estimated not straight) after i mastered the technique it took me a couple of days to get my time under @ minuets

b

Moves
10 Mar 06

My best is 1:30. Sorry rubikscuber, your bragging won't get far here, apparently.

T
Kupikupopo!

Out of my mind

Moves
10 Mar 06

Originally posted by rubikscuber
it took you 2 months?😕 it took me about 9 hours(estimated not straight) after i mastered the technique it took me a couple of days to get my time under @ minuets
For this you had a solution present, I believe.

r

Moves
11 Mar 06

Originally posted by blingice
My best is 1:30. Sorry rubikscuber, your bragging won't get far here, apparently.
srt my best is 1:25

g
it's mine

manchester, england

Moves
12 Mar 06
1 edit

Originally posted by rubikscuber
who here can solve a rubiks cube in less than 2 min
it's from that film the cube, where people who are addicted to the rubbicks cube are put in, to break them of thier addiction.😛😛 And you realize after 2 minutes , you would be lucky just to get out alive

MS

Under Cover

Moves
14 Mar 06
1 edit

My personal best time is 24 seconds. I had a friend in high school who used to race with me between classes. I pick it up occasionally now and can still set it right in about 1 1/2 minutes.

As a side note, my daughter got me a Rubik's 4x4 (originally released in the 80's as Rubik's Revenge) for Christmas last year. Completely different set of patterns needed to solve it, and I haven't figured them all out yet.

T
Kupikupopo!

Out of my mind

Moves
15 Mar 06

Originally posted by gollumprawn
it's from that film the cube, where people who are addicted to the rubbicks cube are put in, to break them of thier addiction.😛😛 And you realize after 2 minutes , you would be lucky just to get out alive
"Cube" has nothing to do with rubik's cube :p

Neither do "Cube 2: Hypercube" or "Cube Zero"

g
it's mine

manchester, england

Moves
16 Mar 06
1 edit

Originally posted by TheMaster37
"Cube" has nothing to do with rubik's cube :p

Neither do "Cube 2: Hypercube" or "Cube Zero"
are you certain, when i finally worked out how to do the rubbnek cube, my fingers had the look of something from the cube. maybe thats where the idea came from. cube minus one

Z

Moves
16 Mar 06

Originally posted by Briscoe
depends on how fast I can cleanly peel the stickers off and restick them
good answer

lp

Moves
16 Mar 06
1 edit

I can't think of any agreeable gain from learning to solve the rubik's cube in under 2 minutes.
What do you get from it?
The satisfaction of conquering the cube then the realisation that you just spent ten hours learning how to twiddle a toy for two minutes.

T
Kupikupopo!

Out of my mind

Moves
16 Mar 06

Originally posted by lukewarm pawn
I can't think of any agreeable gain from learning to solve the rubik's cube in under 2 minutes.
What do you get from it?
The satisfaction of conquering the cube then the realisation that you just spent ten hours learning how to twiddle a toy for two minutes.
The satisfaction of being able to solve worlds most difficult puzzle.

s

Moves
16 Mar 06

The satisfaction of being able to solve worlds most difficult puzzle.
Hate to dissapoint you, but the worlds most difficult puzzle is humanity.

T
Kupikupopo!

Out of my mind

Moves
16 Mar 06

Originally posted by stocken
Hate to dissapoint you, but the worlds most difficult puzzle is humanity.
That's no puzzle, that's sheer stupidity.

s

Moves
16 Mar 06

That's no puzzle, that's sheer stupidity.
Huh, say wha?.. 🙄

😵