Message found in bottle, needs deciphering.

Message found in bottle, needs deciphering.

Posers and Puzzles

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

m

Moves
05 Oct 06

Originally posted by sonhouse
Er.......
Agreed.
Is the answer
"please rescue me"

Edit: This is a joke. (and no i didnt ACTUALLY edit)

L

Moves
05 Oct 06

For the record, Message in a Bottle is a great song. Probably one of Sting's best. πŸ˜›

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
05 Oct 06

Originally posted by Lightmare
For the record, Message in a Bottle is a great song. Probably one of Sting's best. πŸ˜›
Yeah but its a litemare to playπŸ™‚

l

Moves
05 Oct 06

Originally posted by Lightmare
I'd have to agree on that one.

Probably second only to the best band (in my opinion)...

BLAAAACK! SABBAAAAAAAAATH!

and (in my opinion) their top song....

ELECTRIIIIIC! FUNERAAAAAAL!

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
06 Oct 06

Originally posted by liteswordatlitespeed
I'd have to agree on that one.

Probably second only to the best band (in my opinion)...

BLAAAACK! SABBAAAAAAAAATH!

and (in my opinion) their top song....

ELECTRIIIIIC! FUNERAAAAAAL!
Getting a bit off subject here, don't you think?

l

Moves
06 Oct 06

aye. back to the bottle.

Now...give me one letter in the code and properly space it and i might be able to get it.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
06 Oct 06

aye. back to the bottle.

Now...give me one letter in the code and properly space it and i might be able to get it.
Ok, first letter, and this is a big hint as to what the key is: B.

l

Moves
06 Oct 06

b? is that correspondent to the rest of the code?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
06 Oct 06

b? is that correspondent to the rest of the code?
Well thats for me to know and you to find out, isn't it?. Its logical in respect to the key.

l

Moves
06 Oct 06
1 edit

can i ask you a yes or no question?

Will every letter that you give me in this code be correspondent to every one of that same letter in the code?

like if b=e would that be for every e?

and another yes or no question

Are there some unused letters in this code?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
06 Oct 06
1 edit

can i ask you a yes or no question?

Will every letter that you give me in this code be correspondent to every one of that same letter in the code?

like if b=e would that be for every e?

and another yes or no question

Are there some unused letters in this code?
No and no. Wouldn't that be a bit too easy? I am trying to come up with a XanthosNZ proof code....Doubt if it would stop him very long though, especially given the above hints. After reading his crypto posts I thought about it and I can see a way that should be pretty secure but this is just a first test, a foray into the pocess. I think I can be pretty sneaky when it comes to these kind of keys.

l

Moves
07 Oct 06
1 edit

Xanthos is good at codes? i never would have suspected. but i just joined around september so i pretty much don't know many people around here.

Mind orienting me with the roles of most people around here?

edit. ok so every letter is used and no letter is repeating?

ill try...

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Oct 06
3 edits

Xanthos is good at codes? i never would have suspected. but i just joined around september so i pretty much don't know many people around here.

Mind orienting me with the roles of most people around here?

edit. ok so every letter is used and no letter is repeating?

ill try...
What do you mean by repeating? I didn't say the letters aren't used more than once if thats what you mean. Some letters are certainly used more than once. BTW, Xanthos is our resident genius type, just ask himπŸ™‚ Seriously, he is seriously smart.
There is another serious intellect here, his handle is ThudandBlunder, and posts on other puzzle sites also. There are some really smart dudes and dudettes here for sure. Also some serious world class asholes too, men and women.
Reading your post again, I did not make an effort to use every letter of the AB. There are unused letters, like no X, Z, J. That should cut the odds a bit.

l

Moves
07 Oct 06

xanthos is gonna get this from these hints probably. im really sorry. im just 15. im a junior in high school who can't do chess very well. I hardly have any time to do anything else but homework and stay up till 10 normally doing said homework. I hate my life but i just keep myself suspended by the fact that...I'm never alone. Yet i am always alone. the one paradox that keeps me perfectly confident about everything.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Oct 06

xanthos is gonna get this from these hints probably. im really sorry. im just 15. im a junior in high school who can't do chess very well. I hardly have any time to do anything else but homework and stay up till 10 normally doing said homework. I hate my life but i just keep myself suspended by the fact that...I'm never alone. Yet i am always alone. the one paradox that keeps me perfectly confident about everything.
That drives a lot of people nuts also.....