Boy at the Carnival

Boy at the Carnival

Posers and Puzzles

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

Moves
25 Mar 10

A boy was at a carnival and went to a booth where a man said to the boy, "If I write your exact weight on this piece of paper then you have to give me $50, but if I cannot, I will pay you $50." The boy looked around and saw no scale so he agrees, thinking no matter what the carny writes he'll just say he weighs more or less. In the end the boy ended up paying the man $50. How did the man win the bet?

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
25 Mar 10

He wrote "Your exact weight"?

Moves
31 Mar 10

N

The sky

Moves
31 Mar 10

The post that was quoted here has been removed
How would that have helped?

Moves
31 Mar 10

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
31 Mar 10

Jesus Christ, the General Forum is invading Posers and Puzzles. Surprise, surprise!

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
31 Mar 10

Has anyone seen my scientific thread in the GF about Lily Allen?

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
31 Mar 10

Originally posted by Seitse
oh boy, it's a fiesta for flesh.

Moves
31 Mar 10

P
Bananarama

False berry

Moves
31 Mar 10

Originally posted by Seitse
No, but now I'm interested. Where can I learn more?

p

Moves
02 Apr 10

Originally posted by sloppyb
A boy was at a carnival and went to a booth where a man said to the boy, "If I write your exact weight on this piece of paper then you have to give me $50, but if I cannot, I will pay you $50." The boy looked around and saw no scale so he agrees, thinking no matter what the carny writes he'll just say he weighs more or less. In the end the boy ended up paying the man $50. How did the man win the bet?
The "carni" said to the boy .. "sorry but i do not know your exact weight ,but before i pay you ,you must prove your exact weight ...so the boy says .."8 stone and three pounds is my exact weight "
The " Carni" then write's the weight down on the piece of paper and wins the bet ?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
03 Apr 10

Originally posted by sloppyb
Unbeknownst to the boy, he was standing on a hidden scale and the display was behind him so the grifter knew his weight when he came in.

e4

Moves
04 Apr 10

The whole thing happened on a Spaceship.

After the boy wrote down his weight the Carny switched off the 'Gravity Field' button.

The wee boy floated about, the Carny said 'Weigthless' and won the $50.

(Just in case you want to pull the same stunt, the 'Gravity Field' button on a
Space Shuttle is located just behind the gear stick.)

New Braunfels, Texas

Moves
05 Apr 10

Originally posted by greenpawn34

(Just in case you want to pull the same stunt, the 'Gravity Field' button on a
Space Shuttle is located just behind the gear stick.)
And right next to the "ejection seat" button, so be careful.