Your new chess mentor

Your new chess mentor

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
20 Aug 06
2 edits

Originally posted by sonhouse
One counter example however, is ThudanBlunder. He is a genuine master, a BCF of almost 200 and has only one game here, a nice crush but you can see how strong he is, at least if he is not using an engine. I tend to think not because he habituates the puzzle thread where engines are no use!
You embarrass me, sonhouse. I have never been any sort of master, although I have known a few. Yes, I had a 196 BCF grade years ago when I was crazy about chess, but it was no big deal as most of my teammates were graded higher. (It pissed me off at the time that I didn't make 200 before my studies became more important and I gave up competitive chess.)

c

Moves
20 Aug 06

Originally posted by sonhouse
Well don't hold your breath, he also has not started a single game in this time either. That pretty much decides the issue for me. One counter example however, is ThudanBlunder. He is a genuine master, a BCF of almost 200 and has only one game here, a nice crush but you can see how strong he is, at least if he is not using an engine. I tend to think not because he habituates the puzzle thread where engines are no use!
Erm, 0 games here.

Luso-brasileiro

Cajamar, SP

Moves
21 Sep 06

43 days waiting for my 'new chess mentor' and... NOTHING! BAH!

😴😕