Your

Your "My Board Settings"

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

g

Moves
16 Aug 10

Just curious what stronger players use. There are some strange options to choose from.
I use "Book/High contrast/Large

You?

[Lame Thread]

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
16 Aug 10

Default, brushed steel

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
16 Aug 10
1 edit

Book, High Contrast, Standard (also switched from timeforchess to redhotpawn for what seems to be a brighter screen).

Moves
16 Aug 10

Alpha, wood tile and standard.

Z

Moves
16 Aug 10

Book/High contrast/Large

e4

Moves
16 Aug 10

default settings - often browse games without logging on.

Chess Librarian

The Stacks

Moves
17 Aug 10

Originally posted by gorookyourself
Just curious what stronger players use. There are some strange options to choose from.
I use "Book/High contrast/Large

You?

[Lame Thread]
Believe it or not, I almost started a thread just like this after a PM-and-in-game conversation Grampy Bobby and I had where we were talking about board settings, and I found it interesting to the point where I was curious what others use.

I use book/blue day/ large after a lengthy experimentation phase because I have some issues, and I use the "immortal game" interface. By trial and error, I think I see blue contrast better than the others.

I don't think there is a "stronger player/weaker player" connection, but a more informed person may enlighten me on the subject. I chose mine because I have some very minor but occasionally annoying vision issues, and the changes made a big difference for me.

The geek part of me is intrigued by the idea of how this contributes to the difference between OTB and CC- both players have the "essence" of the chess position on the site, but there is a good chance that they see very different boards!

Now if I can just switch boards in my dart league...

Paul

H

Moves
17 Aug 10

book woodtile large

g

Moves
17 Aug 10

Originally posted by Paul Leggett
Believe it or not, I almost started a thread just like this after a PM-and-in-game conversation Grampy Bobby and I had where we were talking about board settings, and I found it interesting to the point where I was curious what others use.

I use book/blue day/ large after a lengthy experimentation phase because I have some issues, and I use the "immo ...[text shortened]... ee very different boards!

Now if I can just switch boards in my dart league...

Paul
"blue day" burns my eyes.

T

Moves
17 Aug 10

I am easily confused by change, so always use default.

I am deadly serious

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
17 Aug 10

TFC / newspaper / high contrast / standard

skeeter

c
Grammar Nazi

Auschwitz

Moves
17 Aug 10

The immortal game/book/standard/storm clouds

H

Moves
17 Aug 10

I tried the immortal game and found it hard on the eyes. How many interfaces are there?

t

Moves
17 Aug 10

Immortal/book/high contrast/standard.

Those are the default settings?I don't recall tampering with it.

toet.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
17 Aug 10

rhp/Alpha/Storm clouds/Large