World's Youngest Chess Grandmaster VIDEO

World's Youngest Chess Grandmaster VIDEO

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C

Moves
26 Oct 09
1 edit

Hello all!

If interested in viewing a game analysis by the World's Youngest Chess Grandmaster, feel free to view the following link.

I hope you can benefit from the video. =)

M

Moves
26 Oct 09

Is that really game analysis done by a GM?

h

Moves
26 Oct 09
2 edits

1 - it is not analysis BY Ray Robson?
2 - Jorge Cori from Peru is the youngest GM 😛

M

Moves
26 Oct 09

Originally posted by heinzkat
1 - it is not analysis BY Ray Robson?
Not only is it not by Ray Robson, it sounds like it's done by someone with a rudimentry understanding of chess.

A

Moves
26 Oct 09

The narrator in the video introduces himself as Jerry. He states a few minor fact errors (Robson is neither the youngest GM in the world nor is he the youngest ever GM from the U.S.; it is true that he is the youngest GM at present from the U.S.). I think it is a bit harsh to criticize the narrator's knowledge of chess as "rudimentary", though I will certainly grant that he does not impress as a player of Master strength or above. Overall, I got the feeling that his analysis was kept simple because he believes his audience consists primarily of novices.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
27 Oct 09

Originally posted by AlboMalapropFoozer
The narrator in the video introduces himself as Jerry. He states a few minor fact errors (Robson is neither the youngest GM in the world nor is he the youngest ever GM from the U.S.; it is true that he is the youngest GM at present from the U.S.). I think it is a bit harsh to criticize the narrator's knowledge of chess as "rudimentary", though I ...[text shortened]... his analysis was kept simple because he believes his audience consists primarily of novices.
I was struck by the superficiality of the analysis. Interestingly, the host's MySpace page offers no evidence that the analyst has ever played in a tournament or has any other reason to be considered credible.