Winners never QUIT and quitters never WIN. (NEVER Resign)

Winners never QUIT and quitters never WIN. (NEVER Resign)

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
05 Jul 10

Originally posted by wormwood
no. it only means you're playing against much weaker players than you.
Correct. I only like fast time contols, and I take 1/7 tourneys primarly. I'm usually one of the highest rated in those.

c
Grammar Nazi

Auschwitz

Moves
05 Jul 10

Hey- To POST in THIS thread, you have to ADD pointless CAPS at least once every sentence at PARTS where they don't make any sense. I mean SERIOUSLY, don't you know it make YOU look cool? The CHICKS dig it.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
05 Jul 10

No one EVER won a game by RESIGNING!!

U

Moves
05 Jul 10

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
But that doesn't mean someone hasn't won a game and resigned 🙂

MR

Moves
05 Jul 10

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
...But many have wasted much time by not resigning.

Moves
05 Jul 10

Originally posted by Mad Rook
And, based on the OP, they also managed to learn nothing from the experience.

t

Midwest USA

Moves
05 Jul 10

Originally posted by Mad Rook
Assuming the GAME is lost means there may be AT THE MOST, 8 more moves.

If there are more than 8 moves (a PURELY arbitrary number) then the game is far from OVER.

By playing on, by sticking IT out and wasting all your valuable time that it takes to make a puny 8 moves, the time you "waste" is made up by the KNOWLEDGE you gain.

As you strive to stay alive, you are gaining IMMEASURABLE defensive skills. You are learning how to frustrate your opponent who JUST can't seem to deliver a mate. Frustration = blunders. TRUST me on that one.

The skills you learn by being down a queen and minor piece will COME into play the next game, and EVERY game thereafter.

Play on and LEARN.

t

Moves
05 Jul 10

frustration = black eye

Trust ME on THAT one.

toet.

MR

Moves
05 Jul 10

Originally posted by teacher1

If there are more than 8 moves (a PURELY arbitrary number) then the game is far from OVER.

By playing on, by sticking IT out and wasting all your valuable time that it takes to make a puny 8 moves, the time you "waste" is made up by the KNOWLEDGE you gain.

As you strive to sta ...[text shortened]... or piece will COME into play the next game, and EVERY game thereafter.

Play on and LEARN.
Sorry, I don't really have any desire to purchase a seat to Sideshow Bob's Traveling Circus. You can try, but you simply won't be successful at sucking me into your little world of illogic.

I was just responding to ChessPraxis. At least he shows a little class - lobbing an occasional one-liner at the opportune moment. 🙂

M

Moves
05 Jul 10
3 edits

As you strive to sta or piece will COME into play the next game, and EVERY game thereafter.

Play on and LEARN.
TRUE some people resign early, BUT saying resigning IS always A bad decision is standard beginner ATTITUDE. There's nothing wrong with IT and at your LEVEL you WILL learn from continuing TO play in the LOST game. That's BECAUSE you DON'T yet understand WHY the position is LOSING and you WILL learn gradually when YOU GET FINISHED OFF by your opponents. WHEN you'll reach a certain level you'll understand why people resign. NOT resigning IN some SiTuAtIoNs is a loss of your own time and energy, while suffering to learn NOTHING. MORE advanced opponents will MOST LIKELY never STALEMATE YOU IN A WINNING Q+K VS K ENDING BECAUSE THEY KNOW that's the only way that they aren't going to win. This means that we can for example resign lost endgames where we can't stop promotion. YOU see, SOME PLAYERS HAVE ALREADY learned WHAT there IS to LEARN about THOSE LOST POSITIONS.

IM NeW WITH this CaPsLoCkIng too many words thing, am I DOING it well or IS IT ANNOYING AS HELL?

t

Midwest USA

Moves
05 Jul 10

please, PEOPLE, if you are upset at my playing on in a "lost" game, then just DELIVER THE MATE!!

Do I make MYSELF Clear?

If the game is lost (as I said before) there can't be too many moves left. Are you all so confident in your abilities as to see a lost game that is 10 or 12 or more moves away? DANG, there must be a heck of a LOT of super GMs here.

Maybe I should adopt the attitude: Winners never quit and quitters nev---

Chess Librarian

The Stacks

Moves
06 Jul 10

Originally posted by clandarkfire
Hey- To POST in THIS thread, you have to ADD pointless CAPS at least once every sentence at PARTS where they don't make any sense. I mean SERIOUSLY, don't you know it make YOU look cool? The CHICKS dig it.
I thought this was a waste of a thread until I saw CHICKS in bold letters. Thread redeemed!

Philadelphia

Moves
06 Jul 10

Nobody ever won a game by REDECORATING but they did make their HOUSE look NICER.

Z

Moves
06 Jul 10

If the game is lost (as I said before) there can't be too many moves left. Are you all so confident in your abilities as to see a lost game that is 10 or 12 or more moves away? DANG, there must be a heck of a LOT of super GMs here.
It doesn't take a gm to sometimes know you have a losing pawn ending that is hopeless but could take 20+ moves to mate.

T
I am become Death

Moves
06 Jul 10

in some cases YOU HAVE to play on. it is A fundaMENTAL error if you don't give it your all. you might not be a PRO but it isn't a BLEMish on your record to keep going!