Why do you play at RHP?

Why do you play at RHP?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Oct 12
1 edit

Originally posted by greenpawn34
"at first that there were so many atheists posting...."

All I am going to say on this matter is that if the world was full of
atheists there would a lot less hatred and bloodshed.

Back on thread:

I joined RHP because I love being amongst all these atheist chess players. 🙂
Does it make sense that a bunch of atheists would post in the Spirituality Forum to you, unless they are just trolling? Would you have any desire as an atheist to post on a Forum with a bunch of Christians posting about God, Jesus, and salvation of the soul?

e4

Moves
18 Oct 12
1 edit

No. That is why I don't go there anymore.

The believers minds are totally closed.

I see you have popped up again with the young eath theory again.
I'll pop along there to join you.
This is the chess forum.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Oct 12

Originally posted by greenpawn34
No. That is why I don't go there anymore.

The believers minds are totally closed.

I see you have popped up again with the young eath theory again.
I'll pop along there to join you.
This is the chess forum.
It is no theory. It is God's truth.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
18 Oct 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
It is no theory. It is God's truth.
You are correct that it is no theory. The scientific standards for a theory are higher than can be attained by bad theology and worse science.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Oct 12

Originally posted by Wulebgr
You are correct that it is no theory. The scientific standards for a theory are higher than can be attained by bad theology and worse science.
That must mean you are a numbnuts of about the third order.

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
18 Oct 12

dinosaurs

Mister Why

San Carlos, CA

Moves
18 Oct 12

Chess, please.

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
18 Oct 12

http://www.dinosaurchess.com/website/default.shtml

W
Angler

River City

Moves
18 Oct 12

Originally posted by Marinkatomb
http://www.dinosaurchess.com/website/default.shtml
Excellent teaching program.

g
Mad Murdock

I forgot

Moves
18 Oct 12

God would open e4.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
18 Oct 12

Originally posted by gambit05
God would open e4.
He did, and the Devil played the Caro-Kann. ChessBase had the game annotated by a mortal.

E

Moves
18 Oct 12

I think the term "lol" is thoroughly misused by 95% of the population that chooses to use (err make that abuse) the term on planet Earth. I can say with a clear and honest mind that I belong to the 5% that understand the proper use (which includes not writing it anytime something makes me smirk or smile, or when I just want to annoy some other person). I have never posted on this forum nor do I post on others, but I do read the chess forums almost daily (I do not even look at the other forums -- please spare me..) It seems to me the majority of "these people" have wayyyyy too much time on their hands. I do mean wayyyy not way for all the English geeks that derive an astonishing amount of pleasure from correcting people who are using the forum for what it was created for. Not all of us want to the time to create something book worthy. If it bothers you someone doesn't have perfect grammar or spelling too bad, no one made you read it. The people that do this know who they are and if you follow the posts close enough you will know who they are as well. But I digress.. That being stated, I have to call out RJhinds today because what he has written on this thread literally made me laugh long (8 seconds - pretty long for an online "joke" I would say) and loud. It was one of those hearty laughs and after hearing me others in the room demanded an explanation - I just showed them this thread and the rest is history, laughs to go around. I am not attacking you personally or insinuating there is something wrong with your belief system.. Just please refrain from insulting others (I am guessing your primary target is atheists) because I can only imagine the rant that would follow anyone posting things that blasted your beliefs. As I scold you I am struggling because you did give me one of the best laughs I have had in the month of October... Hmm.. Anyways this is a chess forum and not a spirituality forum, I think you know the difference and know where to find the latter. Stop thinking you are more important than you are -- It is not your divine mission or destiny to "enlighten" (haha) other people and no higher power put you here on this Earth or had you find RHP so that you could "save" others. Everyone wants to feel important and useful, I get it. Again, no offense just keep it to yourself or post it where it belongs if you really must, so the rest of us ( I cannot speak for everyone but I assume the majority, possibly I assume too much) can enjoy our CHESS website and CHESS forum. Or just keep making me laugh. I am not offended I just think it is silly to the point that I actually posted tonight when I usually just enjoy a little chuckle and keep it moving.. O.K. so about that question: I play at RHP because I am in China and I can't find anyone to play OTB with me, which is pretty lame but the reality. There is Chinese Chess but I am not interested. Some of the enjoyment of chess is speaking with your opponent during or after the game and so even If I somehow learned Chinese Chess this would be an issue. I am learning Chinese but at a turtle pace. Damn this is long and I did not enjoy writing it as much as I thought I would but I can't erase these last ten minutes.. Laterz
p.s. No offense to ANYONE. Also Greenpawn keep up the good work I actually understand your posts and even gain something from reading them (bonus!). Anyone want to show me their favorite opening to play with black? Thanks.

rc

Moves
18 Oct 12
1 edit

Originally posted by EricInChina
I think the term "lol" is thoroughly misused by 95% of the population that chooses to use (err make that abuse) the term on planet Earth. I can say with a clear and honest mind that I belong to the 5% that understand the proper use (which includes not writing it anytime something makes me smirk or smile, or when I just want to annoy some other person). I (bonus!). Anyone want to show me their favorite opening to play with black? Thanks.
Anyone want to show me their favourite opening to play with black? Yes I do.

p

Moves
18 Oct 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Anyone want to show me their favourite opening to play with black? Yes I do.

[pgn][Event "?"] [Site "?"] [Date "????.??.??"] [Round "-"] [White "N.N."] [Black "N.N."] [Result "*"] 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bb5 Nf6 4.d3 Bc5 5.c3 O-O 6.Bxc6 bxc6 7.Nxe5 d5 8.Nxc6 Qd6 9.exd5 Re8+ 10.Kf1 Qxd5 11.Nb4 Bxb4 12.cxb4 Bb7 13.f3 Ba6 14.h3 Qd4 15.g4 Bxd3+ 16.Kg2 Re2+ 17.Kg3 Qf2+ 18.Kf4 Nd5+ 19.Kg5 Re5# *[/pgn]
Nice One!

Here's my favorite opening to play with black:

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
18 Oct 12

Originally posted by paulbuchmanfromfics
Nice One!

Here's my favorite opening to play with black:

[pgn]1.f3 e5 2.g4 Qh4 [/pgn]
Have you been playing in the Women's Olympiad again ?