who will win corus 2010?

who will win corus 2010?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
12 Jan 10

i'll say karjakin again.

carlsen is overrated XD

oh! guess whos brifday it is today?

gene vessel

outside a box

Moves
12 Jan 10

Magnus will win in front of Ivanchuck, Anand or Karjakin, Kramnik is a strong contender for 2nd as well.

Baard

Back to basics

About

Moves
12 Jan 10

Originally posted by Baard
Magnus will win in front of Ivanchuck, Anand or Karjakin, Kramnik is a strong contender for 2nd as well.

Baard
Of course the Norwegian will point at Magnus the Monster. 🙂

But the way he plays, he will probably win.

Patzer

Canberra

Moves
12 Jan 10

Magnus most likely to win. In his last 3 tournaments he has lost 0 games, and won plenty.

pp

Moves
12 Jan 10
1 edit

Originally posted by ptobler
Magnus most likely to win. In his last 3 tournaments he has lost 0 games, and won plenty.
1.Kramnik 2.Shared place: Carlsen + Anand. Nakamura will be below 5. Ivanchuk will be somewhere between 2 and 14. 🙂

A

Moves
12 Jan 10
2 edits

Anand will win.

edit: forget the rest,I was being daft as usual 😛

pp

Moves
12 Jan 10

Originally posted by Ajuin
Anand will win.

I looked at the list of participants and noticed Adriaan De Groot is playing 😲
Anand is great, but I'm not really sure he could perform at his highest when under heavy preparation for his WC match. I think the main competition will once again be between Kramnik and Carlsen, for them such high level tournaments are practice for the Candidates Tournament they will participate, and they both feel they have something to prove at the moment. For Kramnik, that is getting above that 2800 and show "he still has it", and for Carlsen that is simply protecting his number one spot.

Maybe they will all prove me wrong.

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
12 Jan 10

magnus will win of course, but who's gonna be last? short or smeets? kramnik will probably make a comeback. I'll say 1. carlsen, 2. anand, 3. kramnik. predictable, yeah, but what can you do. these three have to fail for anyone else to fit in.

naka might surprise, although he's yet to show solid performance against top level in classical. can't really believe he could win, but finishing in the top5 would be a leap forward for him. he has the skills, but doesn't seem to have the nerves.

G

Moves
12 Jan 10

I really think Kramnik is going to win Corus this year, with Anand and Carlsen sharing second place.

r

Moves
12 Jan 10

I think that Anand is due a good tournament win, so why not at Corus? A victory both for him and interesting chess I hope!

E

Moves
12 Jan 10

I say Carlsen is a better contender than last year, but Karjakin probably won't win this year but I always root for the underdawg!

W
Angler

River City

Moves
12 Jan 10
1 edit

Kramnik and Carlsen will tie. Kramnik will beat Carlsen, but lose to Nakamura. Anand will settle for third with no loses.

h

Moves
12 Jan 10
1 edit

1 - Jan Smeets
2 - Sergey Tiviakov
3 - Loek van Wely

Don't say I didn't warn you in advance

The last places are a lot more difficult to predict, with all these giants sitting down behind the board; maybe Caruana, haven't seen much good chess from him, although he won last year's Corus B-group, right?

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
12 Jan 10

Originally posted by heinzkat
1 - Jan Smeets
2 - Sergey Tiviakov
3 - Loek van Wely

Don't say I didn't warn you in advance

The last places are a lot more difficult to predict, with all these giants sitting down behind the board; maybe Caruana, haven't seen much good chess from him, although he won last year's Corus B-group, right?
I think caruana has a much bigger chance to surprise than smeets. tiviakov is one of my black horses as well, but I don't really think he can make it past 4th or 5th place.

in a perfect world nakamura would take 4th and tiviakov the 5th place. 🙂

I have no faith for van wely, although he might well score a point against kramnik et al. and shuffle the deck a bit.

Lesser Poobah

Northern California

Moves
13 Jan 10

My guess is a big bunch at the top with the usual suspects, MC, VK & VA, but I also expect Nakamura to be close - certainly above Tviakov, Smeets, Caruana, and even Ivanchuk. Excepting his loss yesterday to Aronian, he's been terrorizing the WTC.

Karjakin is the wild card He'll probably bust a few unexpected heads. Van Wely has to be the whipping boy. Short is improving, but the competition at the top is too much.

Should be great!