When Will the new ECF Chess gradings come out?

When Will the new ECF Chess gradings come out?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C

Moves
13 Jan 11

I was wondering, when will the ECF gradings in chess go up. Last year, they were updated as soon as new year passed by. It is now 13th of January, yet still there is nothing happening.

I've tried on google - " New ECF chess gradings" It came up with a form with a bunch of idiots talking.

I hope this forum isn't the same.

Chandradi

P.S- ECF stands for the England Chess Federation, and is the English grading database home = http://www.englishchess.org.uk/

n
Ronin

Hereford Boathouse

Moves
13 Jan 11

clearly you don't read the forums much if you are unsure about idiots.

Senecio Jacobaea

Yorkshire

Moves
13 Jan 11

Originally posted by Chandradi
I was wondering, when will the ECF gradings in chess go up. Last year, they were updated as soon as new year passed by. It is now 13th of January, yet still there is nothing happening.

I've tried on google - " New ECF chess gradings" It came up with a form with a bunch of idiots talking.

I hope this forum isn't the same.

Chandradi

P.S- ECF sta ...[text shortened]... Chess Federation, and is the English grading database home = http://www.englishchess.org.uk/
It's only the rapid-play gradings that are updated in January although they are supposed to be moving over to a twice yearly system for standard grades as well. There is nothing on the ECF forum or website that I can see that sets a precise date for the update.

O

An airport near you

Moves
14 Jan 11

Originally posted by Ragwort
It's only the rapid-play gradings that are updated in January although they are supposed to be moving over to a twice yearly system for standard grades as well. There is nothing on the ECF forum or website that I can see that sets a precise date for the update.
The standard gradings come out around the British Championships each year - so mid-July.

O

Moves
15 Jan 11

Won't make a lot of difference to me, I've gone up about 5 points according to Chess Nuts, and as I've played so many games this season win loose or draw it hardly shifts - won a tourney 5/5 recently and it gave me a whopping 3 point increase 😛

C

Moves
16 Jan 11

Thanks all for your time everyone.

Just to let you know, the ECF grades have come out

Chandradi