What's your worst blunder?

What's your worst blunder?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mar-a-Lago

Moves
25 Mar 12

Originally posted by usmc7257
My worst blunder was trying to pass off a google image as myself. This brought the RHP microscope to me and the results were not good. I created other personas to defend myself, but just dug myself deeper into a hole... Oh wait that wasn't me 😛
Mine was telling people I was a doctor going to Africa to heal the sick then popping up on here!

Alekhine's Gun

🤔 Bolton

Moves
25 Mar 12

Originally posted by Captain Strange
Mine was telling people I was a doctor going to Africa to heal the sick then popping up on here!
Ah..... Hind we've been expecting you, hang on? Prawns your not wearing your cap. why if I didn't know you I'd say your talking cohonas.........you do look well! in that koalaslos.. which fountain of youth are you drinking from?.... does it rest in Norway?... I cant see over this hill but if its the one sniper had a sip of you'll be a Tal sometime soon.

u
semper fi

Moves
26 Mar 12

I'm curious to know how many of his personalities thumbed me down. Not that I care, I couldn't resist the joke. KP is a valuable contributor to the forum via chess or entertainment in regards to finding out who he really is. I have already received some blowback messeges. If you can't take a joke, stay off the forums people.

Chess Librarian

The Stacks

Moves
26 Mar 12
1 edit

I'm curious to know how many of his personalities thumbed me down. Not that I care, I couldn't resist the joke. KP is a valuable contributor to the forum via chess or entertainment in regards to finding out who he really is. I have already received some blowback messeges. If you can't take a joke, stay off the forums people.
I was one of the people who thumbed it down. Nothing personal. I just thought it was a distraction to the thread, and something that has already been covered ad nauseum. Feel free to disregard it, as it's just my opinion, and it's value is always subject to question.

Any time we attempt humor, some people will think it's funny, and some won't. I think it's probably best to simply accept that, and not worry about it.

I appreciate your sentiment of "If you can't take a joke, stay off the forums people", but we can easily replace the word "joke" with "thumbs down", and the thought is still relevant.

Just my opinion, but I think you should consider a post with multiple thumbs up and down as something people bothered to read, and felt moved to react to. Apathy is the only true enemy here.

Houston, Texas

Moves
26 Mar 12
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I am black and after my last move i resigned immediately!
[pgn][Event "Clan challenge"] [Site "http://www.timeforchess.com"] [Date "2012.01.10"] [EndDate "2012.02.25"] [Round "?"] [White "KevinH"] [Black "robbie carrobie"] [WhiteRating "1646"] [BlackRating "1646"] [WhiteElo "1646"] [BlackElo "1646"] [Result "1-0"] [GameId "8981260"] 1. e4 c5 2. Bf1 ...[text shortened]... d7 31. Rf1e1 Qd7e7 32. Kc1c2 Rb8d8 33. a3 Rd8b8 34. a4 Qe7d7 1-0[/pgn]
Ouch. White to move. I can see why you resigned.

Houston, Texas

Moves
26 Mar 12

Originally posted by nimzo5
Rab8 was a classic, early Sunday morning hangover move. I have a couple other massive blunders but I catch them the moment after I have hit the submit button. I think it is something about the refresh of the page forces me to "see" the position fresh.
This happens sometimes when I am doing tactics problems - looking away from the board for a couple seconds ...[text shortened]... . Ng1f3 Bc8g4 9. Bb5xc6 bxc6 10. Qd1e2 Ra8b8 11. Ne4xf6 1-0[/pgn]
Yeah your Rb8 move was a gift to white. I am sure he enjoyed the mate.

Houston, Texas

Moves
26 Mar 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Paul Leggett
I was one of the people who thumbed it down. Nothing personal. I just thought it was a distraction to the thread, and something that has already been covered ad nauseum. Feel free to disregard it, as it's just my opinion, and it's value is always subject to question.

Any time we attempt humor, some people will think it's funny, and some won e bothered to read, and felt moved to react to. Apathy is the only true enemy here.
Good comment about the apathy. At least a post with thumbs up/down is getting attention.

Houston, Texas

Moves
26 Mar 12
2 edits

I am white and resigned. My last move is the blunder but arguably I had been leading to it. It was about greed. A game I also posted in another thread.

u
semper fi

Moves
26 Mar 12

Any time we attempt humor, some people will think it's funny, and some won ...[text shortened]... e bothered to read, and felt moved to react to. Apathy is the only true enemy here.
I think you misunderstand me. I am not upset in any way that the post was thumbed down. I respect everyone's right to opinion. I just wondered how many KP personas thumbed it down. It was merely another attempt at poor humor.
You are right, the post did go off topic. No worries.

Cheers.

Moves
27 Mar 12

I'm sure I have posted this game a few times before, but it suits this thread so well. It was played years ago, back when I was rated around 1300.

Oh, how I miss the days of being a lowly 1300 rated player. When "lost" games always had a chance for a come back. Dropping a piece and still having winning chances. No calculation, no evaluation, no analyze board or opening databases, just pushing wood and hoping for the best. Ah the good ol days.

Chess Librarian

The Stacks

Moves
27 Mar 12

I think you misunderstand me. I am not upset in any way that the post was thumbed down. I respect everyone's right to opinion. I just wondered how many KP personas thumbed it down. It was merely another attempt at poor humor.
You are right, the post did go off topic. No worries.

Cheers.
I understand better now, and it's all good!

In keeping with the thread here's one of my recent hiccups. I lost a pair of moves going from my analysis to the actual game, and I did not even realize I had hung my queen until it was my move again.

m

In attack

Moves
27 Mar 12

Not one but several blunders in this one. VelvetEars and I are patiently waiting for a game between us that is worthy of the forum once more, this time I prevented that by a series of poorly thought out moves. No need to annotate, you'll see where they are 🙂

n
Ronin

Hereford Boathouse

Moves
27 Mar 12

Any time we attempt humor, some people will think it's funny, and some won't. I think it's probably best to simply accept that, and not worry about it.

I normally agree with Paul, but on this subject I gave the post a thumbs up.

The absence of working mechanisms result in the forums as being the only option left for protest.

Chess Librarian

The Stacks

Moves
27 Mar 12

Originally posted by nimzo5
I normally agree with Paul, but on this subject I gave the post a thumbs up.

The absence of working mechanisms result in the forums as being the only option left for protest.
Fair enough!

W

Moves
27 Mar 12

I thought I was doing pretty well in this game as white, until move 14.