What happened to Uchess?

What happened to Uchess?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k

Moves
26 Dec 12

Does anyone out there belong to Uchess? I LOVE that site and every game over two moves is rated, no matter what the time limits. The Web site the last week or so has said suspended. I hope they didn't go out of business, over 2,000 players world wide and free too.

Isolated Pawn

Wisconsin USA

Moves
26 Dec 12

Originally posted by karaokefx
Does anyone out there belong to Uchess? I LOVE that site and every game over two moves is rated, no matter what the time limits. The Web site the last week or so has said suspended. I hope they didn't go out of business, over 2,000 players world wide and free too.
Try it now.

k

Moves
27 Dec 12

Thanks Ketchup lover for trying. I just tried it again twice and both times, it still says suspended until further notice.

Have you been able to get on there the last week or so?

PS-My wife got me a t=shirt, bright red, that says "Everything goes better with ketchup" 😀🙂🙂😀

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
27 Dec 12

Thanks Ketchup lover for trying. I just tried it again twice and both times, it still says suspended until further notice.

Have you been able to get on there the last week or so?

PS-My wife got me a t=shirt, bright red, that says "Everything goes better with ketchup" 😀🙂🙂😀
Mustard is the king of condiments.

You can play blitz here. Same interface as uchess. Same owners. It is unrated here though.

k

Moves
27 Dec 12

Appreciate the info, but quick chess (blitz) doesn't apply to ratings, so no fun, except for practice.

This site seems to have higher ratings, as I had never beaten a l600 or l700 rated player until I played blitz here, so suspect that the rating on this site might be inflated (Of course, that might be the reason people wait l to 3 days here to respond to moves or check with internet or friend help)

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
27 Dec 12

There are much better free, live sites. Don't cry for uChess.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
27 Dec 12

Originally posted by SwissGambit
There are much better free, live sites. Don't cry for uChess.
chess.com comes to mind....

t

Moves
27 Dec 12

Why do they all look the same just a different color ? RHP chess.com etc

rain

Moves
27 Dec 12

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
You can play blitz here. Same interface as uchess. Same owners. It is unrated here though.
How? I've tried to find a way to play bitz here, and haven't been able to.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
27 Dec 12
1 edit

Originally posted by vivify
How? I've tried to find a way to play bitz here, and haven't been able to.
to the right of the siege icon.
A tab that says blitz

or
http://www.redhotpawn.com/blitz/blitzchess.php

rain

Moves
27 Dec 12

Originally posted by wolfgang59
to the right of the siege icon.
A tab that says [b]blitz

or
http://www.redhotpawn.com/blitz/blitzchess.php[/b]
Okay. Thanks so much.

k

Moves
28 Dec 12

Appreciate the offer of chess.com, but games are even slower there, one move per day, etc.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
28 Dec 12

Appreciate the offer of chess.com, but games are even slower there, one move per day, etc.
They have live blitz too.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
28 Dec 12
3 edits

When you go there, look for the 'play live' button, it goes to the blitz site.

It sets up a game going on in real time, usually with a couple of 2200 players and then there is a 'start game' button that puts you in que and they pit you against a window of +/- 200 points of your own rating and the games start up pretty fast, a few seconds at most usually. You can set up the time you want to play, I usually use 3 minute games. I usually clock in around 1500 points there.

k

Moves
28 Dec 12

Okay, thanks, where is slatington? I have a friend in Lower Burrell and one in Edinboro.