WC Candidates, who's your pick?

WC Candidates, who's your pick?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
31 Dec 15

Originally posted by byedidia
How did Svidler qualify this time?
He came second in the world cup.

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
31 Dec 15
1 edit

Originally posted by byedidia
I think Giri is the only one who would stand a chance in a match against Magnus. But I would pick Caruana or Anand to win the candidates tournament.
Caruana's record against Magnus isn't too shabby, he's definitely not a push over. If Fabiano can find some of that form he had in Sinqufield 2014 then he has every chance of qualifying. He seems to have been on the slide a little lately though...

S

Moves
31 Dec 15

Who I think will win- Giri
Who I want to win- Aronian

Mozart

liverpool

Moves
31 Dec 15

Originally posted by Marinkatomb
So we know who the entrants are..

Peter Svidler
Veselin Topalov
Vishy Anand
Hikaru Nakamura
Sergei Karjakin
Fabiano Caruana
Anish Giri
Levon Aronian

So, who do you think will win? It is still unclear, but atm it looks like this will be held in America somewhere. Perhaps this gives the US participants home advantage?

My pick is Anish Giri ...[text shortened]... e rest. I think Anish is growing in confidence and has the ability to emulate this strategy.. 🙂
I would like Caruana to win the Candidate,s. I just don't want to see a 3rd installment of Magnus v Vishy. That's run it's course now.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
01 Jan 16

Originally posted by Marinkatomb
So we know who the entrants are..

Peter Svidler
Veselin Topalov
Vishy Anand
Hikaru Nakamura
Sergei Karjakin
Fabiano Caruana
Anish Giri
Levon Aronian

So, who do you think will win? It is still unclear, but atm it looks like this will be held in America somewhere. Perhaps this gives the US participants home advantage?

My pick is Anish Giri ...[text shortened]... e rest. I think Anish is growing in confidence and has the ability to emulate this strategy.. 🙂
Svidler, not for any reason of logic, it's just he's been there or thereabouts for years and deserves a shot at the top spot.

S

Moves
01 Jan 16

Originally posted by DeepThought
Svidler, not for any reason of logic, it's just he's been there or thereabouts for years and deserves a shot at the top spot.
It's always nice to see Grunfelds in WCC games.

Patzer

Canberra

Moves
01 Jan 16

I think Wei Yi would be an interesting pick for the wildcard for the Candidates - but of course, it won't happen

Patzer

Canberra

Moves
01 Jan 16

Originally posted by greenpawn34
Does it really matter. Look who they have to face if they win.

Hopefully Nakamura. Possibly Giri (the result of that WC final is easy to
predict - 12 draws and Carlsen wins the blitz tie break.).

Pity none of the Chinese, MVL or Wesley So never made it.
I'm fed up seeing the crowd in that list playing each other again and again.
Yeah - really can't see any of the Candidates beating Carlsen