USCF rating of 1700, or ELO rating of 1500

USCF rating of 1700, or ELO rating of 1500

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

Moves
19 Jan 06
1 edit

Can someone get me some popcorn?

Also, post a bit faster please guys!

(Children.)

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
20 Jan 06

Originally posted by powershaker
... Your rating has already dropped from 1700s to the low 1600s! ....
looks more like he's a 1550 with a short peak at 1700 for a lucky winning streak. just like you're a 1400 'beating up' 1200-1300 players, temporarily peaking barely at 1500. you both have about twice the amount of wins compared to your losses, which means you both play mainly against people 100-200pts under your own strength.

I've not believed your excuses for a second. I doubt anyone has. you use all your skill, all your time, but still play like a 1400. accept it. maybe then you'll have a chance to get better.

G
ChessObsessed

Earth

Moves
20 Jan 06

ok, 1200 pretending to be a 1500 who thinks hes an expert.

NS
blunderer of pawns

Rhode (not an)Island

Moves
20 Jan 06

Yeah, I did. Yeah, I can't deny that, but I thought I could get some positional advantage somewhere. I had a good reason. But, when it was blatanly obvious, I resigned. But, I also need to remind you I was moving twice or three times a day in some instances, and that game last a much shorter time. Those moves I made still did not make the game longer than it could have been.
Just out of curiosity, what sort of "positional advantage" did you suppose you could drum up that would compensate the fact that he had the only passed pawn in the game, way over on the other side of the board?

Hinesville, GA

Moves
20 Jan 06

Originally posted by wormwood
looks more like he's a 1550 with a short peak at 1700 for a lucky winning streak. just like you're a 1400 'beating up' 1200-1300 players, temporarily peaking barely at 1500. you both have about twice the amount of wins compared to your losses, which means you both play mainly against people 100-200pts under your own strength.

I've not believed your excus ...[text shortened]... ime, but still play like a 1400. accept it. maybe then you'll have a chance to get better.
Actually, out of all 20 games I'm playing right now, I'm playing 1400 and 1500 players, so you don't have a clue what you're talking about wormwood. Use the facts before you speak. Nearly all my games are 1400s and 1500s players. 🙂

Hinesville, GA

Moves
20 Jan 06

Originally posted by Natural Science
Just out of curiosity, what sort of "positional advantage" did you suppose you could drum up that would compensate the fact that he had the only passed pawn in the game, way over on the other side of the board?
Yeah, I know. It should have resigned, but I knew if I moved two or three times a day that it wouldn't be so bad to continue the game for a short time longer. Anyway, eventually I resigned for sure when I saw it was absolutely hopeless.

Hinesville, GA

Moves
20 Jan 06

Originally posted by Grandmouster
ok, 1200 pretending to be a 1500 who thinks hes an expert.
Well, how is it that my rating is now getting near yours Grandmouster? Okay, I will accept the 1200 thing. So, I guess that means you are rated in the 1300s? or less? Anyway, this arguement has got to end. I am not being too nice, and I feel very convicted about that. So, I'm sorry Grandmouster. I just am very competitive. And, I do apologize for my flaming blows - if you could call them flaming. It's not what Jesus would do. And, I have to admit it's wrong to say those things to you. So, please forgive me. I shouldn't be treating my brother like that. 🙁

d

Moves
20 Jan 06

It's not what Jesus would do.
Yes, but I heard Jesus really did have a 1800 rating.

G
ChessObsessed

Earth

Moves
20 Jan 06

Well, how is it that my rating is now getting near yours Grandmouster? Okay, I will accept the 1200 thing. So, I guess that means you are rated in the 1300s? or less? Anyway, this arguement has got to end. I am not being too nice, and I feel very convicted about that. So, I'm sorry Grandmouster. I just am very competitive. And, I do apologize for ...[text shortened]... ose things to you. So, please forgive me. I shouldn't be treating my brother like that. 🙁
just like a nutjob. That wasnt even directed at you. Keep taking the "meds" everything will be alright.....

Hinesville, GA

Moves
20 Jan 06

Originally posted by dottewell
Yes, but I heard Jesus really did have a 1800 rating.
If I were you, I wouldn't make fun of the Son of God, dottewell. You'll have to account for things like that later, long after this website is non-existent. So will I.

The Rude©

who knows?

Moves
20 Jan 06

If I were you, I wouldn't make fun of the Son of God, dottewell. You'll have to account for things like that later, long after this website is non-existent. So will I.
Wake up,fairy tales don't exist.

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
20 Jan 06

Originally posted by Ravello
Ravello help!

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=36949&page=5

I think this person need some words of wisdom from you.

Hinesville, GA

Moves
20 Jan 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Ravello
Ravello, it's said that you think Jesus is a fairy tale. But, he's not a fairy tale. He rose from the grave in three days, died for our sins. John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the World that He gave His only begotten Son, that who so ever shall believeth in Him should not perish, but have ever lasting life." This world is not all there is. If you are satisfied in believing that the universe just came out of "nothing" from a quantum vacuum, then I suggest you ask yourself where the "quantum vacuum" came from. God made it! Look to the signs. Iran threatening Israel. Russia having a treaty with Iran so that they are pretty much allied. If Iran and Russia attack Israel - just like the Bible says they will - World War III will occur. Close to that event, the rapture will take place. God is not slack in fulfilling His promise. The European Union has a seat number 666 that is empty right now. The murals in the European Union are of the woman of the apocalypse riding the beast out of The Book of Revelation. And, there are many other signs. Jesus is no fairy tale. I will pray for you Ravello. Just remember that who ever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved. When you finally come to your senses. God does not wish any to perish, but that all come to the glory of the Father, His Son Jesus Christ.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
20 Jan 06

Ravello, it's said that you think Jesus is a fairy tale. But, he's not a fairy tale. He rose from the grave in three days, died for our sins. John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the World that He gave His only begotten Son, that who so ever shall believeth in Him should not perish, but have ever lasting life." This world is not all there is. If you ar ...[text shortened]... wish any to perish, but that all come to the glory of the Father, His Son Jesus Christ.
What part of "only chess" do you not understand??

The Rude©

who knows?

Moves
20 Jan 06

Ravello, it's said that you think Jesus is a fairy tale. But, he's not a fairy tale. He rose from the grave in three days, died for our sins. John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the World that He gave His only begotten Son, that who so ever shall believeth in Him should not perish, but have ever lasting life." This world is not all there is. If you ar ...[text shortened]... wish any to perish, but that all come to the glory of the Father, His Son Jesus Christ.
Wake up dude,you're brainwashed.
God is as much real as SantaClaus,face it.
I don't need your stupid prayers,I don't need your god and overall I don't need to hear another brainwashed predicator here in the Chess forum: please listen to BigDogg's advice and don't torture us with religious drivel,there's the Spirituality forum for it.