Understanding your chess - James Rizzitano

Understanding your chess - James Rizzitano

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
01 Nov 10

what a wonderful read! If you are a bit of a couch potato chess player and enjoy reading reams of annotated games them this is one of the most enjoyable i have come across to date.

Chess Librarian

The Stacks

Moves
02 Nov 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
what a wonderful read! If you are a bit of a couch potato chess player and enjoy reading reams of annotated games them this is one of the most enjoyable i have come across to date.
You described me more accurately than I would like to admit! I'll have to check it out.

rc

Moves
02 Nov 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Paul Leggett
You described me more accurately than I would like to admit! I'll have to check it out.
honestly Paul, like you I do enjoy reading chess books and as you are aware there is a great difference among them, today two books came, Experts v the Sicilian and Understanding you chess, the latter is much more interesting than former, already i am on page thirty and there is no sign of stopping 🙂

n
Ronin

Hereford Boathouse

Moves
02 Nov 10

Rizzitano is underated as a player and a writer. I have that book and I enjoyed it.

rc

Moves
02 Nov 10
1 edit

Originally posted by nimzo5
Rizzitano is underated as a player and a writer. I have that book and I enjoyed it.
yes its a great read he is quite amusing as well as instructive. A chess book that at once instructs and entertains, how awesome, how novel! 🙂

G

Lagos

Moves
03 Nov 10

I'm happy for you, Mr. Robbie. Finally a chess book that you might actually read to the end.

rc

Moves
04 Nov 10

Originally posted by Goshen
I'm happy for you, Mr. Robbie. Finally a chess book that you might actually read to the end.
thanks Goshen, i am on page fifty three of this one, i started another one and i am enjoying it, experts v the Sicilian (has some good tactical ideas) and i may even finish pawns structure chess by Andrew Soltis and there is a Karpov book waiting in the wings 🙂