Unable to Castle

Unable to Castle

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
17 Jan 15

Would be grateful if someone could have a look at my game

ID. 10998537. with The Dark Knight 777

Move 11. I moved my White Queen Qe3e2

Prior to making this move I tried repeatedly to Castle Kingside, but was unable to do so. Why? I had not moved either Rook or King and was not in check or putting myself in check. Anyone able to help?

DC
Student

Aylesbury

Moves
17 Jan 15

The black Queen at d4 is preventing you from castling.

You are not allowed to castle if your King will pass through check.

Moves
17 Jan 15

But I was moving to the Right. So I was not passing through the B Q' check.
If I was castling to the Left I would have, and I could see that.

Mozart

liverpool

Moves
17 Jan 15

Originally posted by aranya10
But I was moving to the Right. So I was not passing through the B Q' check.
If I was castling to the Left I would have, and I could see that.
You should of got in touch with Russ before you moved. Ive had a look at the game, and I can't see any reason why you can't castle on that move. I wonder if you can castle on your next move. If you can't, then I would get in touch with Russ for sure.

Moves
17 Jan 15

Originally posted by steve45
You should of got in touch with Russ before you moved. Ive had a look at the game, and I can't see any reason why you can't castle on that move. I wonder if you can castle on your next move. If you can't, then I would get in touch with Russ for sure.
No, I can't. I have tried, even though I do not want to now.

Moves
17 Jan 15

Originally posted by steve45
Russ has asked not to pm him but to send him feedback.

How do I do that?

A stable personality

Near my hay.

Moves
17 Jan 15

There's a link at the bottom of every page, under 'support'.

Senecio Jacobaea

Yorkshire

Moves
17 Jan 15

One thing to check - I'm sure you have - is that you were not on the game history screen instead of view main board. That screen looks very similar at first glance but doesn't allow moves.

s

Moves
17 Jan 15

just a thought - are you moving the rook first ?

Moves
17 Jan 15

Originally posted by Ragwort
One thing to check - I'm sure you have - is that you were not on the game history screen instead of view main board. That screen looks very similar at first glance but doesn't allow moves.
No, I was able to move my Queen which I did as I was unable to castle.

Moves
17 Jan 15

Originally posted by st40
just a thought - are you moving the rook first ?
No, I just tried to move the King as usual when castling.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
18 Jan 15

No, I just tried to move the King as usual when castling.
I had a look at your profile and you've played enough games here for me to think that you know how to use the site. It's strange that you couldn't castle, what kit were you using a PC or some kind of touch screen thing? Just a quick reality check - to castle kingside you have to click on the king to highlight it and then click on the g1 square and then press submit move - that is what you were doing?

Over 10 million games have been played on this site, it is beyond credibility that this is due to a bug - you should have had no problems castling in that position - my guess is you were using a phone or something like that and the problem is at your end and not the site's.

Moves
18 Jan 15

Originally posted by DeepThought
I had a look at your profile and you've played enough games here for me to think that you know how to use the site. It's strange that you couldn't castle, what kit were you using a PC or some kind of touch screen thing? Just a quick reality check - to castle kingside you have to click on the king to highlight it and then click on the g1 square and then ...[text shortened]... you were using a phone or something like that and the problem is at your end and not the site's.
I was using my I pad, not my laptop.
I really do know how to castle, but I think you may be right. (Sometimes my I pad will not allow me to go back a page)

Never had any problems using the laptop.

Moves
18 Jan 15

Any way, if this ever does happen again I will try the same move using my laptop.

My thanks to you all for coming to my aid.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
19 Jan 15

Any way, if this ever does happen again I will try the same move using my laptop.

My thanks to you all for coming to my aid.
Game 10998537