Translate messages from English ... HELP!

Translate messages from English ... HELP!

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p

Moves
10 Feb 08

We are in the process of converting all of our messages from English to other langauges.

www.personalchesstraining.com

We're looking for volunteers who are willing to help us translate these messages from English to Spanish, French, German, Croatian, Russian, etc. We are already working with chess players in almost every country. It is our goal to provide the language of their choice if possible.

If you would like to help us, then please, send me a message.

Thanks!!

C

Moves
10 Feb 08

http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr

works for me!

p

Moves
10 Feb 08

That's what we are trying to avoid. The grammar is inaccurate. Human translation is best.

N

The sky

Moves
10 Feb 08

Originally posted by Cyberdazzle
http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr

works for me!
Here's a random chess article (the newest article from the German Chessbase site), translated from German to English by Babelfish:

"In the ninth round of the federal league the OSC bathing bathing confirmed its exception position: The crew won 7:1 approximately cotton wool-separates and leads after the defeat of Muelheim bind-laughs approximately on now with five points the table. The thing at the point is so clear, so excitingly is the descent fight. Here Hamburg SK an important victory succeeded to that against Remagen. Support of the crew was once more Karsten Mueller, who won a portion worth seeing against the French GM Jean Marc Degraeve. The citizens of Berlin crews from Zehlendorf and cross mountain, which were now both on a descent place, did not have so much luck. Particularly much pitch had on this weekend of the SK Zehlendorf, which would have come almost too much money. Why that did not happen and which has to do all this with Nicole Kidman, Dagobert Kohlmeyer in its report from Berlin betrays."

I can assure you it doesn't work any better the other way round.

(I love how they translated some of the place names, especially "Wattenscheid" as "cotton wool-separates". πŸ˜€)

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
10 Feb 08

Originally posted by Nordlys
Here's a random chess article (the newest article from the German Chessbase site), translated from German to English by Babelfish:

"In the ninth round of the federal league the OSC bathing bathing confirmed its exception position: The crew won 7:1 approximately cotton wool-separates and leads after the defeat of Muelheim bind-laughs approximately on now w ...[text shortened]... lated some of the place names, especially "Wattenscheid" as "cotton wool-separates". πŸ˜€)
the transfers of fishes babel are valid the largest!

N

The sky

Moves
10 Feb 08

Originally posted by wormwood
the transfers of fishes babel are valid the largest!
There am I perfectly united!

e

Moves
10 Feb 08

Use google translate. I uses translation memories and phrase recognition so its not a word for word translate. It's probably 98% where bablefish is around 75% (my estimation only).

N

The sky

Moves
11 Feb 08

Originally posted by erice1
Use google translate. I uses translation memories and phrase recognition so its not a word for word translate. It's probably 98% where bablefish is around 75% (my estimation only).
"In the ninth round of the Bundesliga, the OSC Baden Baden his exceptional position: The team won 7:1 against Wattenscheid and now after the defeat of Muelheim against Bindlach with five points on the table. To clear the matter to the forefront is so exciting is the descent fight. Here was the Hamburg SK a major victory against Remagen. Rest of the team was once more Karsten Müller, a lota Featured against the French GM Jean-Marc Degraeve won. Not so lucky were the teams from Zehlendorf Berliner and Kreuzberg, which are now both on a downhill course. Particularly had much bad luck this weekend the SK Zehlendorf, almost too much of the money would come. Why not happened and what it all with Nicole Kidman has to do, betrays Dagobert Kohlmeyer's report from Berlin."

Yes, definitely better - although far from 98%, I'd say.

e

Moves
11 Feb 08

"In the ninth round of the Bundesliga, the OSC Baden Baden his exceptional position: The team won 7:1 against Wattenscheid and now after the defeat of Muelheim against Bindlach with five points on the table. To clear the matter to the forefront is so exciting is the descent fight. Here was the Hamburg SK a major victory against Remagen. Rest of the team was ...[text shortened]... Kohlmeyer's report from Berlin."

Yeah, I guess your right. Depends on what your translating..

p

Moves
11 Feb 08

Croatian, cool! I'd do it, but the amount of time it would take is crazy...

NL

Moves
11 Feb 08

"In the ninth round of the Bundesliga, the OSC Baden Baden his exceptional position: The team won 7:1 against Wattenscheid and now after the defeat of Muelheim against Bindlach with five points on the table. To clear the matter to the forefront is so exciting is the descent fight. Here was the Hamburg SK a major victory against Remagen. Rest of the team was ...[text shortened]... Kohlmeyer's report from Berlin."

Sounds like gobbledygoogle to me! Translation/interpreting is one thing humans can still do a lot better than computers!

D

NiterΓ³i, RJ - Brazil

Moves
11 Feb 08

Hi. I can help you with portuguese, if you want.

My email is drafer@hotmail.com

F

Moves
11 Feb 08
1 edit

"In the ninth round of the federal league the OSC bathing bathing confirmed its exception position"

Baden Baden = bathing bathing πŸ˜€

N

The sky

Moves
11 Feb 08
1 edit

Originally posted by FabianFnas
[b]"In the ninth round of the federal league the OSC bathing bathing confirmed its exception position"

Baden Baden = bathing bathing πŸ˜€[/b]
Yes, and Bindlach = bind-laughs... and Kreuzberg = cross mountain. πŸ˜›

G
Apa Nova Chess Club

Bucharest

Moves
11 Feb 08

I can help with german, portuguese and french