1. under your bed
    Moves
    06 Feb '15 12:011 edit
    Originally posted by !~TONY~!
    Congratulations to Plopzilla - my criticisms aren't directed at you specifically - but I don't understand why an 1100, 1400 player etc. should be offered a title of any kind, on any platform, period. This is the worst kind of money grab, and is a completely despicable movement by FIDE in my opinion.

I maintain ratings on ICC in the 2000-2300 range, rati ...[text shortened]... that plays for fun once a week or so. Giving a 1400 an "Online FM" title is absolute poppycock.
    yes your right re: 1100 players they should have cut off about 1800 this should be starting point for CM/FM online below does make it a bit silly - its almost like "a title for everyone!" Problem is hardly anyone on there is over 1600 let alone 2000.

I will say this though I have played a number of official FIDE 2200/2300+ rated players on the arena and I have to say their strong but beatable. I believe OTB would be different matter I might get 10% win ratio as 1800/2000 player but online arena is a great leveler more like 1 win in 3/5 games
  2. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    07 Feb '15 14:001 edit
    Wow have they finally gotten around to launching that? I signed up over a year ago but there was no site to login to..

Edit : wow I have to say that site is pretty poor. When you consider that they have built it from scratch, you would have thought they would make a mobile phone compatibile gui. They could have launched that 15 years ago and it would be average..
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Feb '15 17:02
    Originally posted by !~TONY~!
    Congratulations to Plopzilla - my criticisms aren't directed at you specifically - but I don't understand why an 1100, 1400 player etc. should be offered a title of any kind, on any platform, period. This is the worst kind of money grab, and is a completely despicable movement by FIDE in my opinion.
    True. But then, what else can one expect from the Glorious People's Republic of Glorious Kalmuckia?

Time for a revolution. Too bad it won't happen.
  4. Standard memberSchlecter
    The King of Board
    Solar System
    Moves
    07 Feb '15 20:251 edit
    so to have a vage idea of the arena....

a 1100 arena blitz player is like a 1600 RHP turn-based player?????
  5. under your bed
    Moves
    07 Feb '15 20:461 edit
    Originally posted by Schlecter
    so to have a vage idea of the arena....

a 1100 arena blitz player is like a 1600 RHP turn-based player?????
    turn-based and live/blitz chess are a million miles apart. I would say it could be the other way around (1600 rhp = 1100 otb/online. Take some of the people here out of their armchair, stick them face to face OTB with the pressure of a clock and they'd get smashed.

This kind of turn-based chess will of course improve your 'general chess' which can be put to use OTB or online blitz etc. It can also be detrimental too.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree