The most useless game I've ever played

The most useless game I've ever played

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

z

Moves
14 Oct 07

The silence of the no-draw-offer-advocates is deafening. In some GM tournaments they have a stupid no-offer-draw-rule and I would like to hear the opinions of the supporters of such a rule for chess in general, from this game.

z

Moves
30 Sep 08

This topic illustrates one of the reasons why I quit chess. My opponent who was shuffling his pieces back and forth in the game is now rated over 2100. In real chess the men should be separated from the boys, you cannot have this sort of thing and call it chess.

e

Moves
30 Sep 08
1 edit

Originally posted by z00t
This topic illustrates one of the reasons why I quit chess. My opponent who was shuffling his pieces back and forth in the game is now rated over 2100. In real chess the men should be separated from the boys, you cannot have this sort of thing and call it chess.
LOL, you've got to be kidding me. Such a result is the responsibility of both players and the circumstances they're in. Draws are part of the game and usually indicate opponents similar in strength or a game without serious errors (more likely in safe openings like the Caro). Getting a draw as black isn't so bad anyway Have you even played chess OTB against a 2100? My guess is that you would be dismantled quite easily regardless of opening. Chess is a great game that has a lot to offer but you must be wise enough to accept its nature and take responsibility.

f
Crack Suicide Squad

Ellicott City, MD

Moves
01 Oct 08

I thou'ght it wa's random apostrophe's day.

'

b
Enigma

Seattle

Moves
01 Oct 08

Hmm it has to be Game 3997555 I offered my opponent a draw around move 23 and he replied saying "I agree but lets see in about 4 to 5 moves". 4 to 5 moves turned out to be 40 to 50 moves as he was only playing for time. Where are those clowns who complain about short draws and tell me any possible improvement?
Perhaps some advise that was given to me by a very strong CC player will help you with this in the future:
1. Always play uncompromising chess to the last
2. Always be polite an honorable
3. If you are not mentally prepared to grind out a long, difficult game, then don't start the game!
4. Always play as slowly as legally possible
5. If someone declines your draw offer, ignore them and play on.

z

Moves
14 Nov 08

Actually the real reasons why I quit CC are more than over this sort of game. I would not go into those reasons here but probably resurrect my livejournal.

z

Moves
26 Nov 08

Originally posted by bill718
Perhaps some advise that was given to me by a very strong CC player will help you with this in the future:
1. Always play uncompromising chess to the last
2. Always be polite an honorable
3. If you are not mentally prepared to grind out a long, difficult game, then don't start the game!
4. Always play as slowly as legally possible
5. If someone declines your draw offer, ignore them and play on.
Sorry for not having responded to your p.m. as I can't be bothered to get internet access at home. The points you raised in your p.m are valid and I give you credit for that. I had wanted to resurrect my blog but its a pain transferring files to a memory stick.