The Latvian Gambit destroys all!

The Latvian Gambit destroys all!

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S

Moves
01 Dec 07

Originally posted by Kaworukun
Shows that you dont know what your talking about. The fact that the king is well placed on e7, and the fact black gains an open file. Some people even consider black to be better.
Let us know when you get your FIDE Master title!
😉

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
01 Dec 07

Originally posted by Squelchbelch
Let us know when you get your FIDE Master title!
😉
Acutaly this thread is about the Latvian gambit not about Traxler.

DD
Stealer of Souls

Waiting for You

Moves
10 Dec 07

Game 4191489

NL

Moves
11 Dec 07

Originally posted by Dutch Defense
Game 4191489
5.Nf3 is total crap. If white plays sensibly after 3.Nxe5 he is better. End of argument.

NL

Moves
11 Dec 07

Originally posted by Kaworukun
Shows that you dont know what your talking about. The fact that the king is well placed on e7, and the fact black gains an open file. Some people even consider black to be better.
I think I do know what I'm talking about with all due respect. I'm a much stronger player than you. (How many IMs and GMs have you beaten OTB?)

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
11 Dec 07

Originally posted by Northern Lad
5.Nf3 is total crap. If white plays sensibly after 3.Nxe5 he is better. End of argument.
Nobody denies that after 3.Nxe5 white may get better position, but the question is - how much better and how easy is to find that.

P.S. I have found some more "holes" in analysis of Silman`s site - really awaiting to play Latvian with you 🙂

NL

Moves
11 Dec 07

Originally posted by Korch
Nobody denies that after 3.Nxe5 white may get better position, but the question is - how much better and how easy is to find that.

P.S. I have found some more "holes" in analysis of Silman`s site - really awaiting to play Latvian with you 🙂
I look forward to that. As I've said before, although I normally play the King's Gambit as white, I am prepared to play against the Latvian (or the Traxler for that matter), if my opponent notifies me of his intention on move one.

b
Best Loser

Traxler is Sound!

Moves
11 Dec 07

I look forward to that. As I've said before, although I normally play the King's Gambit as white, I am prepared to play against the Latvian (or the Traxler for that matter), if my opponent notifies me of his intention on move one.
i hope we meet in the site championship lol.. the more I look at the traxler the more confident I become 😛.

NL

Moves
11 Dec 07
1 edit

Originally posted by ih8sens
i hope we meet in the site championship lol.. the more I look at the traxler the more confident I become 😛.
Yes, but as white I wouldn't allow all the interesting tactical stuff! (But not playing in the RHP Champ anyway.)

b
Best Loser

Traxler is Sound!

Moves
11 Dec 07

Yes, but as white I wouldn't allow all the interesting tactical stuff! (But not playing in the RHP Champ anyway.)
And you're opposed to an unrated set piece game?

t

Moves
11 Dec 07

I think that i'd be willing to let you have a shot at the traxler 😛

b
Best Loser

Traxler is Sound!

Moves
11 Dec 07

Originally posted by tomtom232
I think that i'd be willing to let you have a shot at the traxler 😛
cept when you and I play in that freakin line it's rated and I take every single point you won from me right back out of your... bum.

S

Moves
11 Dec 07

cept when you and I play in that freakin line it's rated and I take every single point you won from me right back out of your... bum.
... and I posted the bust recently.
😛

NL

Moves
11 Dec 07

I have enough games on the go at the moment. Generally speaking I only play games in the clan leagues, clan challenges, and selected tourneys. I've made it clear in other posts that although I normally play the King's Gambit as white, I'm prepared to take on the Traxler if my opponent requests this when he plays the first move. (The same applies to the Latvian.)

t

Moves
11 Dec 07

pshaw! the only fruit you would bear is going straight back to 1800