Thank You for the memories

Thank You for the memories

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b
Enigma

Seattle

Moves
29 Nov 11

To all of you here at Red Hot Pawn, I'd like to say "thank you". My chess things have been sold, and after 27 years of OTB and Correspondence Chess I must go. Once I played at the 1800 level, now the competitive drive (and most of my skills) have faded. Ego will not allow me to compete if I cannot play well. To Robbie, Green Pawn, and all of you...thanks for the memories!

Most Sincerely - bill718🙂

Fortiter Et Recte

rc

Moves
29 Nov 11
1 edit

Originally posted by bill718
To all of you here at Red Hot Pawn, I'd like to say "thank you". My chess things have been sold, and after 27 years of OTB and Correspondence Chess I must go. Once I played at the 1800 level, now the competitive drive (and most of my skills) have faded. Ego will not allow me to compete if I cannot play well. To Robbie, Green Pawn, and all of you...thanks for the memories!

Fortiter Et Recte
awe dude, its too sad, but take care wherever you are and if you want to retake the
Americas for Britain, give me a shout and well start with Yorktown - kind regards to
you and yours - Robbie.

e4

Moves
29 Nov 11

Hi Bill

You will be back. You can leave the game but the game never leaves you.

Good Luck

Geoff

N

Moves
29 Nov 11

You're gonna need a support group or something if you want to quit chess..

Chess Librarian

The Stacks

Moves
29 Nov 11

Originally posted by bill718

Fortiter Et Recte
We'll save a seat and board for you, just in case!

NS
blunderer of pawns

Rhode (not an)Island

Moves
30 Nov 11

Yep, I know from experience. As the Eagles song goes, "You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave!"

V

Mililani, Hawaii

Moves
30 Nov 11

Salve and vale! Bravely and rightly done, Bill. My time will be coming soon, too. And I will remember you and all of us, who in time will have to say farewell to playing a great game that we all love so much. Take care and aloha, Vince123

Isolated Pawn

Wisconsin USA

Moves
30 Nov 11

Live long & prosper 🙂