Skeeter & greenpawn vs world

Skeeter & greenpawn vs world

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
16 Jan 12

Originally posted by no1marauder
So the best CC GMs in the world were able to achieve matchup rates of 56% 1st; 74% 1st/2nd and 82% 1st/2nd/3rd? But some schmuck turning on her computer can reach 63.3%/82.0%/88.8% and you don't consider that "overwhelming" evidence of engine use?
I came up with 62.8 80.8 and 87.3

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Jan 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Phlabibit
I came up with 62.8 80.8 and 87.3
For who? Using what?

V

Moves
16 Jan 12

So the best CC GMs in the world were able to achieve matchup rates of 56% 1st; 74% 1st/2nd and 82% 1st/2nd/3rd
Which pre-computer CC GM(s) achieved the highest matchup rates and across how many non-database moves was this for? And likewise for recent OTB GMs?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Jan 12

Originally posted by Varenka
Which pre-computer CC GM(s) achieved the highest matchup rates and across how many non-database moves was this for? And likewise for recent OTB GMs?
Ask Phlabs.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
16 Jan 12

Originally posted by Varenka
You can have all these answers and more in about 4 months with the right tools.

Modern CC is sketchy, chess computers are used by many though others want them not to be used.

My point and the little info I shared is only presented to say "ARE YOU COMPLETELY SURE SKEETER CHEATED"? I believe there are honest players that can obtain those numbers.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Jan 12

Modern CC is sketchy, chess computers are used by many though others want them not to be used.

My point and the little info I shared is only presented to say "ARE YOU COMPLETELY SURE SKEETER CHEATED"? I believe there are honest players that can obtain those numbers.
Honest players below GM level?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
16 Jan 12

But surely it's irrelevant what you believe and only about the data. If you believe honest players can achieve those matchups the onus is on you to prove it my good man.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
16 Jan 12

Honest players below GM level?
Who do you consider an honest player? Run their numbers... you may be surprised.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
16 Jan 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
But surely it's irrelevant what you believe and only about the data. If you believe honest players can achieve those matchups the onus is on you to prove it my good man.
There's no onus on me to prove anything to anyone. The only thing going on here is a few people trying to prove a person likely removed for 3c was a 3b player. I'm welcome to disagree and present my case as I have. Is it enough for you? That doesn't concern me.

P-

t

Moves
16 Jan 12

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
16 Jan 12

Originally posted by tim88
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.
Hope you're wearing orange, that might be a decoy... and a hunter behind a blind with a duck caller and a shotgun.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
16 Jan 12

There's no onus on me to prove anything to anyone. The only thing going on here is a few people trying to prove a person likely removed for 3c was a 3b player. I'm welcome to disagree and present my case as I have. Is it enough for you? That doesn't concern me.

P-
You're claiming the matchup system is suspect. I'm asking if you have any data to back that up?

t

Moves
16 Jan 12

Hope you're wearing orange, that might be a decoy... and a hunter behind a blind with a duck caller and a shotgun.
or maybe a machine gun??

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
16 Jan 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
You're claiming the matchup system is suspect. I'm asking if you have any data to back that up?
It's not the mach-up system used by RHP... that much I know. You can prove that for yourself... run some numbers.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
16 Jan 12

Originally posted by tim88
or maybe a machine gun??
...and he's been drinking beers since 4am.