Round 8.

Round 8.

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L

TouchYaToes!

Moves
21 Sep 07
1 edit

Kramnik vs. Svidler.

Kramnik has moved his queen here 6 times up to move 21. One gets the feeling he isnt too interested in the wins at this stage. I can feel it in my water. His time is starting to tick.

It may be harder for Kramnik in this tournament as he is the world champ and his opponents will obviously save their best efforts playing him while recieving the extra media attention which they can make a name for themselves. He needs some wins but maybe his NEED to win this tournament isnt as great as others playing here.

j

Moves
21 Sep 07

svidler has only used 12 mins for 22 moves! i guess he's still in his theory!

I cannot understand kramnik, as he in effect cannot lose(what with his rematch option) he should be going all out for the win in every game.

L

TouchYaToes!

Moves
21 Sep 07

Originally posted by jonrothwell
svidler has only used 12 mins for 22 moves! i guess he's still in his theory!

I cannot understand kramnik, as he in effect cannot lose(what with his rematch option) he should be going all out for the win in every game.
What happens if he loses the tournament?

j

Moves
21 Sep 07

Originally posted by LisaNova
What happens if he loses the tournament?
He's got some clause( as he is current champ) that allows him to play the winner of the tourn(if not him) in one on one match.

The winner of that match will then face the winner of topolov vs the world cup winner. For the title.

Thats as i understand it. in effect this is just a semi final!

L

TouchYaToes!

Moves
21 Sep 07

And if he wins?

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
21 Sep 07

Originally posted by LisaNova
And if he wins?
Then he will play with Topalov again.

L

TouchYaToes!

Moves
21 Sep 07

Originally posted by jonrothwell
He's got some clause( as he is current champ) that allows him to play the winner of the tourn(if not him) in one on one match.

The winner of that match will then face the winner of topolov vs the world cup winner. For the title.

Thats as i understand it. in effect this is just a semi final!
..so if he loses this tournament then he plays the winner of this tournament and Topalov will also play the same person?? Or is that a different world cup?

L

TouchYaToes!

Moves
21 Sep 07
1 edit

That is the problem with this "FIDE", they make things unnecessarily complicated that people will lose their interest in what they are trying to promote and then after that BS they pulled on Kramnik last year they are a joke.

Why dont they just keep things simple. We all want to enjoy these games, but hey.

L

TouchYaToes!

Moves
21 Sep 07
1 edit

Up to move 25 Qc6, which opens up more for Kramnik. It adds presure to his opponents rooks and F-pawn and allows more to push his own C-pawn forward. 7 moves to find a good position. Im wondering if he will be looking to push his B pawn in the near distant future?

L

TouchYaToes!

Moves
21 Sep 07

Kramnik is making repeating semi-forced moves here which makes me wonder if he isnt really interested in winning this tournament because of the way it's structured.

L

TouchYaToes!

Moves
21 Sep 07

1/2 1/2.

L

TouchYaToes!

Moves
21 Sep 07
1 edit

Anand vs. Gelfand. 1/2 1/2.

Grischuk vs. Lenko looks a better game.

Lenko looks to be on the attack now.

L

TouchYaToes!

Moves
21 Sep 07

Leko looks to have an attacking advantage here but hard to tell as these guys are walking computers.

L

TouchYaToes!

Moves
21 Sep 07

Move 45 for Lenko... taking time.

e5 pawn looks weak for Grischuck.

L

TouchYaToes!

Moves
22 Sep 07
1 edit

QH2 looks dangerous for Lenko.