Respect from OTB players

Respect from OTB players

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
04 Aug 17

Originally posted by @kellyjay
My OTB play is about 200 points higher than here. I think it is because I typically play much
faster than I should here. I never spend days on any move, more like seconds.
So do I... Unfortunately, I do the same thing OTB 😕

T
I am become Death

Moves
06 Aug 17

There's a lot of players here an otb player would never dream of beating...that's because this place is rife with engine users.

p

Moves
06 Aug 17

Really? And this is proven how?

T
I am become Death

Moves
07 Aug 17

Well, there are quite a few players on this site who have higher win percentages than Bobby Fischer. I just got done in a tournament playing against one. He admitted he was using an engine, and when I reported him, of course nothing happened. Had I know enforcement had gotten so lax, I would have fired up rybka 3 to see how the old girl stands up.

p

Moves
07 Aug 17

Interesting. Well, I've assumed that most, if not all, players <2200 on this site are honorably following the rules. Beyond that I've assumed there are programs the TD can run to detect engine use, but maybe not ...

d

New Jersey

Moves
07 Aug 17
1 edit

Expanding on pzn2pawn post. there is a range that you can feel comfortable that you'll not be playing an engine. I only play tournaments in the 1600-1900 range. Figure at worst my opponent has a weak engine. And this seems to be where I've leveled off with my level of mistakes.